• Over time yes

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

redrocket829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for some help as i have asked lots of people and most people say yes and no to cupramine in main tank setup to treat ick.
most say don't do it never get it out some say its possible to get it out from the tank.
cupramine seachem customer service is telling me yes %100 can be removed with like carbon and CupriSorb from rocks and sand.
some say no live rock and sand will need to replace out then you will be good as it will not stick to glass.
some say pumps powerheads will still have copper in them and there never going to remove it. no more corals and inverts i can put in the system.
just wanted to see if people have actually put it and still be able to add inverts and corals and to grown them for years to come.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends a bit on how long the tank was dosed. You can facilitate getting it out of the tank by filling the tank with FW and dropping the pH. This causes any bound copper to go back into solution, then you just dump the FW and repeat until no more copper leaches out....of course, your LR will no longer be live....
Jay

OP
OP
R

redrocket829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was about 13ml of copper that was put in the tank live rock and sand not a big deal as I was going to swap it out to be safe just more worried about it on the pumps and skimmer and sump

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for some help as i have asked lots of people and most people say yes and no to cupramine in main tank setup to treat ick.
most say don't do it never get it out some say its possible to get it out from the tank.
cupramine seachem customer service is telling me yes %100 can be removed with like carbon and CupriSorb from rocks and sand.
some say no live rock and sand will need to replace out then you will be good as it will not stick to glass.
some say pumps powerheads will still have copper in them and there never going to remove it. no more corals and inverts i can put in the system.
just wanted to see if people have actually put it and still be able to add inverts and corals and to grown them for years to come.
I’m going to be dosing in my display with Cupramine and from what I’ve read, yes it can be removed and you can keep an extra bag of cuprisorb in the sump to remove any stray copper that leaches over time

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just messaged seachem and they sent me this nice little chart

Attachments

• 42FCA449-CC04-4D97-B688-5A9210CC1910.jpeg
    42FCA449-CC04-4D97-B688-5A9210CC1910.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 84

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said leaving a bag of cuprisorb 2 weeks after a test of 0 copper should eliminate it
The trouble is if there is copper bound up in calcified material, and then there is a pH drop, that copper can come back out into solution....
Jay

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove rock and sand and have the tank bars filled with fresh water. I would add muriatic acid and let it sit a couple of days. If you have exposed powerheads, do them also. I would dilute the acid outside about 10 to 1 before bringing it inside and add that to the tank. A tenth of a percent should be fine. To test, add salt water and add a few cheap inverts and see if they survive a few weeks. I think this should work but I have not tried it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back