OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most irritating thing about being female is the immediate assumption by LFS employees (and car dealerships/shops) that I am stupid and weak

That's just wrong to be treated like that

The most intelligent reefer I know is a woman who owns her own LFS in Cincinnati. She can out reef tech talk anyone. Shes my #1 go-to when I'm stumped with a problem.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Male 44........2 shoulder surgeries........thyroid surgery.........sleep apnea surgery...........vasectomy............ parotid gland surgery.................and a right knee coming up............. ready to set up a nano reef for Jesus if this keeps up.
Emergency service work. Very hard on your body. I have had a torn rotator cuff, completely torn ab muscle, and a few broken fingers, broken ankle...

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most irritating thing about being female is the immediate assumption by LFS employees (and car dealerships/shops) that I am stupid and weak. :D
esimison, LFS employees treat everyone like their stupid.
As for car dealerships, next time kick their wheelnuts instead of their tyres. ;)

Newstead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female, LXI in human years (let's see the young whippersnappers figure that one out). Favorite shirt states "Never Underestimate An Old Lady Who Listens to the Stones".

My 92 yr old mother celebrated her 90th birthday with a safari to Tanzania - I hope to do the same!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female, LXI in human years (let's see the young whippersnappers figure that one out). Favorite shirt states "Never Underestimate An Old Lady Who Listens to the Stones".

My 92 yr old mother celebrated her 90th birthday with a safari to Tanzania - I hope to do the same!

Hello,

Let’s see you used Roman numeral code so that should be 61 :) (sorry us youngons still have to painfully learn everything about Roman numerals). But even then it’s never polite to ask one display ones age of a lady so that I’m sorry :). When I’m 90, I hope to take a safari to Mars or iss or something out of this world.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of writing this there have been 255 responses so I'm going to leave my takes. Sitting ~15% female is about where I expected this to be. This is a male dominated hobby but, at least to me, seems far more female friendly than most others I've been into (MTG, Comics, PC gaming, etc.). Out of the 7 or so fish people I talk to on the reg outside of R2R, 3 of them are women and I trust their opinions the most.

Only other part I was surprised by was the low percentage of men under 21. I swear this place gets 50 threads every day that start out with "Hi! I'm in High School and don't have any money to spend. My tank is crashing, TTYL."

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of writing this there have been 255 responses so I'm going to leave my takes. Sitting ~15% female is about where I expected this to be. This is a male dominated hobby but, at least to me, seems far more female friendly than most others I've been into (MTG, Comics, PC gaming, etc.). Out of the 7 or so fish people I talk to on the reg outside of R2R, 3 of them are women and I trust their opinions the most.

Only other part I was surprised by was the low percentage of men under 21. I swear this place gets 50 threads every day that start out with "Hi! I'm in High School and don't have any money to spend. My tank is crashing, TTYL."

My guess is those "My tank is crashing" is the first and last thread they read and give up once they kill off their tank by being impatient.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M - 46 ..... for a couple more months. My wife - 44 - and I are building our first reef tank together.

We met in March 2015.
She asked me to marry her in April 2017. (some of the other women here might get a kick outta that)
We got married in June 2017 at Garden of the Gods park, in Colorado Springs, CO.
Payed off our debt and saved a bunch of money for a year.
Moved from Colorado to Florida in April 2018 and bought our first house together in May 2018. It's a big house with a pool, and we're empty nesters.
Life is GOOD!!

Closing Home sweet Home.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back