What's your Gender and Age as a Reefer

• Total voters

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female, 24. Fish and corals are pretty and more fun than gardening. I am also enjoying attempting to automate their care.

Lol your so my hero, even though we were both born in 93, both female you beat me by 6 months being the youngest female that has posted to this so far. Lol

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M - 46 ..... for a couple more months. My wife - 44 - and I are building our first reef tank together.

We met in March 2015.
She asked me to marry her in April 2017. (some of the other women here might get a kick outta that)
We got married in June 2017 at Garden of the Gods park, in Colorado Springs, CO.
Payed off our debt and saved a bunch of money for a year.
Moved from Colorado to Florida in April 2018 and bought our first house together in May 2018. It's a big house with a pool, and we're empty nesters.
Life is GOOD!!

Closing Home sweet Home.jpg
I think it is great that you added the picture. Maybe we should have a thread with gender, age, pics of reefer and reef(s) and short bio. :)

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M - 46 ..... for a couple more months. My wife - 44 - and I are building our first reef tank together.

We met in March 2015.
She asked me to marry her in April 2017. (some of the other women here might get a kick outta that)
We got married in June 2017 at Garden of the Gods park, in Colorado Springs, CO.
Payed off our debt and saved a bunch of money for a year.
Moved from Colorado to Florida in April 2018 and bought our first house together in May 2018. It's a big house with a pool, and we're empty nesters.
Life is GOOD!!

Closing Home sweet Home.jpg

Welcome to Florida... and to the saltwater addiction!

I'll assume by your screen name you are an RC pilot? You need to get down to Cape Coral and the RC Air Park for the Meeting of the Giants which is a big two day RC air show. Go go every couple of years and it's always fun with tons of planes and some jets.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Florida... and to the saltwater addiction!

I'll assume by your screen name you are an RC pilot? You need to get down to Cape Coral and the RC Air Park for the Meeting of the Giants which is a big two day RC air show. Go go every couple of years and it's always fun with tons of planes and some jets.
Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm not new to aquariums or reefing, but it's been several years since I had a tank.

I used to fly RC planes, but gave them up in 2012.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol your so my hero, even though we were both born in 93, both female you beat me by 6 months being the youngest female that has posted to this so far. Lol
1993? OMG.... so young! I'm 30 years older than you guys....1963 here. In my lifetime, technology has come in leaps and bounds. The first Dell computer was made in 1985... my senior year in college! So, although I feel I have so much more knowledge than I did when I was y'alls age, it is astounding how much information is out there now that was not available when I was younger. Lord... I sound like my grandmother. ;Nailbiting She was born in 1895... now THAT is cool!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1993? OMG.... so young! I'm 30 years older than you guys....1963 here. In my lifetime, technology has come in leaps and bounds. The first Dell computer was made in 1985... my senior year in college! So, although I feel I have so much more knowledge than I did when I was y'alls age, it is astounding how much information is out there now that was not available when I was younger. Lord... I sound like my grandmother. ;Nailbiting She was born in 1895... now THAT is cool!

esimison, only 5... , well, lets just say I'm 14 years older than you. And every year I find myself (and my wife) sounding more and more like our stoggy old parents! And the change isn't a linear rate, it's exponential and it scares the heck out of me! ;Nailbiting

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
31,male I'm single. That's how I can afford an sps tank lol.
LOL!!! I felt the same way when I was younger. Didn't get married the 1st time until I was 29.
Ya just gotta meet the right woman. Make sure her crazy matches your crazy. It's easier to have a successful marriage that way.
Wedding Ring.JPG

Wedding Ring2.JPG

Last edited:

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Women unite! I am female and soon to be 55. The most irritating thing about being female is the immediate assumption by LFS employees (and car dealerships/shops) that I am stupid and weak. I have 2 college degrees and carry 50 pound bags of horse feed and 65 pound bails of hay. I can run a tractor to do most anything. I am not stupid. I am not weak. I am woman, hear me roaaaarrrrr! :D

Unite!
Female, 33, single, with lots of fin and fur babies! Also very irritated that LFS, car shops, home depot assume I'm stupid. No, I'm not in home depot because I'm working on a craft project (I've been asked this 3 times, once while looking at pvc parts), actually my lady hands can build/plumb things! Only time I got respected at a car shop was when they had no one that day who could drive my manual car and so they literally could not take my lady business. I am woman who can do many things....Hear me roaaarrrrrr!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back