Current Orbit USA lighting

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed the current Marine Lights on my fluval evo 13.5 and was wondering what other people did with their set up with blue and white levels. Currently I have it set up to turn on at 12pm with a sunrise/sunset of 15 mins each. I have the white levels at 100% and blue at 80%. The lights go off at 10pm and moon lights come on for an hour.

My current stock is 2 clown fish
5 Red leg crab
1 Zoa
1 Star Polyp
1 Leather

Let me know if I should make adjustments.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would switch it to 80% white 90% blue, you want more blue to make the corals pop more :) Try that and see if you like it :)

OP
OP
H

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would switch it to 80% white 90% blue, you want more blue to make the corals pop more :) Try that and see if you like it :)

I like white and blues!

4ab6258f57f8a83054a3ceeeaed1cf2d.jpg

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l currently have the PRO’s and l run then 55% white and 100% blues at max. Blue comes on at 6am whites at 11. Then the whites are off at 6 or 7pm (cant remember off the top of my head) and the blue go until 9 with a 2 or 3hr moon.

As much as l don’t mind the Current Lights l feel that they are a great starter light. I’m switching to Kessil here shortly. l am kind of a controlling guy so l like to have a gradual sunrise to sunset throughout the day.

**Edit** The ramp time is 1/2hr

OP
OP
H

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l currently have the PRO’s and l run then 55% white and 100% blues at max. Blue comes on at 6am whites at 11. Then the whites are off at 6 or 7pm (cant remember off the top of my head) and the blue go until 9 with a 2 or 3hr moon.

As much as l don’t mind the Current Lights l feel that they are a great starter light. I’m switching to Kessil here shortly. l am kind of a controlling guy so l like to have a gradual sunrise to sunset throughout the day.

How can I manually tell the timer to have whites come on at a certain time and also the blues?

Fishboy&crazycatfishlady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What do you run your reds and greens at? I just bought the IC loop system and will be setting up soon.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this setup on mine, I honestly couldn't tell you what the settings are. I just plugged it all up and let it do its thing. Whatever the factory sets it at

Fishboy&crazycatfishlady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this setup on mine, I honestly couldn't tell you what the settings are. I just plugged it all up and let it do its thing. Whatever the factory sets it at

See I plugged mine in expecting some type of factory setting, but no. It only turns on low setting blues, and wants to go through an entire setup, which I’m really lost on where to set anything. Especially once im ready for corals in the future :confused:

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I plugged mine in expecting some type of factory setting, but no. It only turns on low setting blues, and wants to go through an entire setup, which I’m really lost on where to set anything. Especially once im ready for corals in the future :confused:
That's interesting. Mine definately had some settings. Turns on at 6 ramps up and down at 6 then moonlights until 12. Off for 6hrs

Fishboy&crazycatfishlady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. Mine definately had some settings. Turns on at 6 ramps up and down at 6 then moonlights until 12. Off for 6hrs

The weather settings and moon settin work just as they should. But as far as daytime lighting. It needs to be fully programmed. And just not sure on where to set intensities or even lengths of time.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their are videos out their on how to set it up Incase my rambling doesn’t make sense. But here we go:

To set a mode, clock one of the 4 buttons (M1-M4 on the remote)

Step 2: Click the Blue “Ch 1 Time” button.

Step 3: Click the “On time”button. Use the hour and minute button to set the desired time for the blue light to come off.

Step 4: Repeat Step 3 with the Off Time button.

Step 5: Press and Hold M1 for 5 sec to save settings

Step 6: Repeat step 2-5 with “Ch 2 Time” button. AKA Whites, Reds, Greens.

Step 7 Make sure to save the settings by holding the same Mode button you started with. (M1-M4)

STEP 8: Click the Mode button again.

Step 9: Click Blue “Ch1 Time” butting

Step 10 Click the max intensity and uses hour and minute buttons to raise and lower intensity

Step 11 Repeat with Ch 2 Time.

Step 12 SAVE

Step 13 Click that Mode button one last time followed by Sunrise/Sunset button

Step 14 Use the hour and minute button to select how long you want the channels to ramp.

And Finally SAVE by holding the same Mode button for 5 seconds.
IMG_0295.JPG

Fishboy&crazycatfishlady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their are videos out their on how to set it up Incase my rambling doesn’t make sense. But here we go:

Step 3: Click the “On time”button. Use the hour and minute button to set the desired time for the blue light to come off.

Step 7 Make sure to save the settings by holding the same Mode button you started with. (M1-M4)

Step 10 Click the max intensity and uses hour and minute buttons to raise and lower intensity

Step 12 SAVE

Step 14 Use the hour and minute button to select how long you want the channels to ramp.

IMG_0295.JPG

Thanks for that Zack. I kind of already understood all of that part, although my remote is a bit different since it’s part of their LOOP system. What I’m not sure about is where I need to set my intensities for each channel. Not only for it to look best. But more importantly for the functionality of growing corals when I am ready

OP
OP
H

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Step 12 SAVE

IMG_0295.JPG

Thank you! This helped a lot.

BC-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that Zack. I kind of already understood all of that part, although my remote is a bit different since it’s part of their LOOP system. What I’m not sure about is where I need to set my intensities for each channel. Not only for it to look best. But more importantly for the functionality of growing corals when I am ready

I have a new reef tank up and running with these lights for a few months now. i have the whites ramping up to 35%, blues 100%, green/red at 30%. Should also note that i have a fairly shallow tank (IM 30L). i have a frogspawn, zoas, candy cane and a few mushrooms which all seem to be growing well and LPS are branching.

for this discussion, it's important for folks to specify which one of the current marine lights they have. Similar to you, i have the Loop with the IC dual pro that has two LED strips. If some of the folks replying have older versions of the orbit or just the single IC loop, they will have different experiences. For example, I cannot imagine running the whites at 100% without nuking my tank.

My recommendation would be to start ramping the whites up to 25-30% with your corals and then go from there. i am thinking of getting mine up a bit higher but am hesitant to change much as they seem to be happy

Fishboy&crazycatfishlady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new reef tank up and running with these lights for a few months now. i have the whites ramping up to 35%, blues 100%, green/red at 30%. Should also note that i have a fairly shallow tank (IM 30L). i have a frogspawn, zoas, candy cane and a few mushrooms which all seem to be growing well and LPS are branching.

for this discussion, it's important for folks to specify which one of the current marine lights they have. Similar to you, i have the Loop with the IC dual pro that has two LED strips. If some of the folks replying have older versions of the orbit or just the single IC loop, they will have different experiences. For example, I cannot imagine running the whites at 100% without nuking my tank.

My recommendation would be to start ramping the whites up to 25-30% with your corals and then go from there. i am thinking of getting mine up a bit higher but am hesitant to change much as they seem to be happy

Thanks a lot! Yeah the whites are intense! Mostly what I was worried about as far as figuring out where to set them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back