OP
OP
swilliams2207

swilliams2207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things coming along nicely. Currently dealing with a lot of micro bubbles from my skimmer but hoping that resolves itself in the next few days. It’s been about 10 days and only slightly improved.

Water is not as clear as my old tank but still waiting on a replacement UV bulb. Hoping that will help.

I finanlly grew up and am building a dedicated water station. No more 5 gallon at a time refills. I homebrew so use RO for brewing and the tank. I split my out line right before the DI resin to have two output, one for beer that fills my kettle and another that fills my brute. Got my float valve and auto shutoff operational. Just need to build a stand so I can put my saltwater mixing brute below it.

The vinyl tubing pictured connects to a manifold of my return so I can drain and fill the tank from my basement!

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things coming along nicely. Currently dealing with a lot of micro bubbles from my skimmer but hoping that resolves itself in the next few days. It’s been about 10 days and only slightly improved.

Water is not as clear as my old tank but still waiting on a replacement UV bulb. Hoping that will help.

I finanlly grew up and am building a dedicated water station. No more 5 gallon at a time refills. I homebrew so use RO for brewing and the tank. I split my out line right before the DI resin to have two output, one for beer that fills my kettle and another that fills my brute. Got my float valve and auto shutoff operational. Just need to build a stand so I can put my saltwater mixing brute below it.

The vinyl tubing pictured connects to a manifold of my return so I can drain and fill the tank from my basement!

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg
Looks so good

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m finally 99% up and running. Full sump shot below. The picture makes the cord situation look crazier than it is.

Still a few things to organize better but believe it or not everything is fairly accessible. My Uv bulb died after about 6- 8 months of use so waiting on a replacement. I had to get a little creative with my ATO and dosing setup. Luckily my cabinet is connected internally to the right, so I moved my ATO, doser, and containers to a separate cabinet. Given the limited space, I really didn’t have a choice. The good news is it makes a lot more sense anyway so it’s a win on my part. Rather than putting my trident in the cabinet, I moved it up on top next to my router. This will make swapping regents much easier as well. Utilizing the whole cabinet space worked out.

As an aside PSA, I built this stand to hold water in case of an overflow. I accidentally put this to the test while filling the tank. My tube kicked out of the sump and about 10 gallons filled my tank stand. Since I sealed it with caulk/paint, it retained all the water. Could have been a huge mess. Second, I installed a GFCI outlet inside my stand. I had some electric components temporarily sitting on the stand floor and it ultimately tripped my outlet and shut everything off, saving the equipment and potentially a very dangerous situation. GFCI is really important…if you’re on the fence, it’s worth the short investment.

IMG_8273.jpeg

IMG_8274.jpeg
That plumbing is a work of art! I dig the colored PVC these days. About to start plumbing my build and can't decide if I want to spend the money to get the colored PVC and fittings (or which color to use if I do).

I like your basket solution for managing the power supplies for all the equipment!

OP
OP
swilliams2207

swilliams2207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8332.jpeg

Things are setting in. Sticking with softies and some simple sps. Will eventually get some green slimer and some digis. Really want things to fill in with various soft corals/LPS that make a statement.

Next will be setting up an aromatic water changing setup. I moved my ATO to the basement so now I can fill my container with RO as needed. So much easier considering I was going through 5 gallons in 3-4 days.

I added a divider to my sump to combat micro bubbles. Still getting micro bubbles in the display despite the baffle and some sponge. I think my skimmer is the culprit but it’s baffling. No pun intended. I’m struggling to tune my BM curve 7 elite to get consistent skim.

OP
OP
swilliams2207

swilliams2207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I posted an update.

Things are coming along. I finally set up my water change system and did a 20 gallon water change without lifting a finger! Water drains out into my sewer so there is no mess. I’m probably going to be in the minimal water change group but it’s nice to be able to do them with no heavy lifting.

Here are some pics of tank progress. It’s hard to take a front shot because I have window glare behind me.

Here are left and right shots. Still sticking with LPS/softies for the easy maintence and piece of mind. My plan is to get some additional stuff and see if I can build an impressive softy tank. I have a few easy SPS but nothing special. Will eventually add some hardier acros and montipora digita but in no rush.

image.jpg

IMG_8746.jpeg
IMG_8745.jpeg

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Things are coming along. I finally set up my water change system and did a 20 gallon water change without lifting a finger! Water drains out into my sewer so there is no mess. I’m probably going to be in the minimal water change group but it’s nice to be able to do them with no heavy lifting.

Here are some pics of tank progress. It’s hard to take a front shot because I have window glare behind me.

Here are left and right shots. Still sticking with LPS/softies for the easy maintence and piece of mind. My plan is to get some additional stuff and see if I can build an impressive softy tank. I have a few easy SPS but nothing special. Will eventually add some hardier acros and montipora digita but in no rush.

image.jpg

IMG_8746.jpeg
IMG_8745.jpeg
Looking good! I plan on taking the same approach for stocking on my 60 gal cube! Mostly softies. LPS, and few hardy sps!

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

IMG_8746.jpeg
IMG_8745.jpeg
Your tank is coming along nicely!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back