custom manufacturers

joeyrm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to build a custom tank to replace a 36x21x20 reef tank. Building a 60x21x24 rimless tank and trying to decide who to use. Glass cages seems to have the attention on this site, I am within 30 miles of coast to coast and can pick up, Miracles? Looking for advice as to who would you use based on experience?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be worth a read... I am a Miracles fan myself, LOVE my tank. Lots of options to choose from so take your time, btw, Don't be surprised to spend thousands on this tank. The price of North American glass has skyrocketed as of late and keeps going up.

Upvote 0

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I actually read that series of posts but waqnted an uo to date appraisel. Appreciate the response

Well, I can only speak for myself. And I still love my tank, lol I would change up my overflow a bit though. What were you thinking of budget wise? A friend of mine just ordered a Crystal Dynamics Aquarium. As far as I know it has been a decent process so far.

If I were you I would draw up a detailed drawing of exactly what you want. And maybe consider some alternative designs, some manufacturers have different ideas on tank building and what they are willing to build. One builder might not make rimless tanks over 20" regardless of glass thickness. Others might go a little further than that.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
J

joeyrm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can only speak for myself. And I still love my tank, lol I would change up my overflow a bit though. What were you thinkinf of budget wise?
Probably in the 3k +/- range. Tell me about your overflow. I prefer internals just in case of leaks. My stand is lined in acrylic with neptune sensors this way I know if there are leaks and I can shut down automatically. Txs again

Upvote 0

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
451599CC-274B-464B-9E2D-2AB11E7B199A.jpeg

These are my two Glass Cages 150s, prior to being moved into place and full set up. Joe was excellent to work with.

Upvote 0

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably in the 3k +/- range. Tell me about your overflow. I prefer internals just in case of leaks. My stand is lined in acrylic with neptune sensors this way I know if there are leaks and I can shut down automatically. Txs again

Mines an exteral overflow with an acrylic plate installed to give the teeth in the overflow. It is minor but I wish it was a seamless look instead of the plate sticking off the glass 1/4". I "Think" they do it differently now. If you are looking for an internal overflow than this is obvously irrelivant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat for a big build next year. I was thinking Red Sea reefer s1000 but really liking some of the custom options out there. Love that glass cages has a coast to coast overflow. I had that on a 6’ tank once and it was amazing.

Upvote 0

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat for a big build next year. I was thinking Red Sea reefer s1000 but really liking some of the custom options out there. Love that glass cages has a coast to coast overflow. I had that on a 6’ tank once and it was amazing.

FWIW you could get this on any custom tank from any manufacturer :)

Upvote 0

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to build a custom tank to replace a 36x21x20 reef tank. Building a 60x21x24 rimless tank and trying to decide who to use. Glass cages seems to have the attention on this site, I am within 30 miles of coast to coast and can pick up, Miracles? Looking for advice as to who would you use based on experience?
@joeyrm7 thanks for the consideration. You have a ton of options. try to enjoy this process of evaluation and education. Here to help even if you decide on a different builder. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be worth a read... I am a Miracles fan myself, LOVE my tank. Lots of options to choose from so take your time, btw, Don't be surprised to spend thousands on this tank. The price of North American glass has skyrocketed as of late and keeps going up.

@JoshH Thanks for taking the lead on this post. I believe it has helped many hobbyists with making a sound and informed decision. You've done a great job contributing to compiling this information. Love it.

Have you thought about doing another poll? If not thats ok. There are some new companies. New options and so on. Either way, totally appreciate how you have supported the hobbyist!

Upvote 0

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Priced my glass cages system out at about $7500. Seems very reasonable and with the great reviews since the changes at GC sounds like a good deal. But I should probably stop planning my “next” tank until I’ve actually finished my current one lol. But next year I can’t wait!

Upvote 0

Jackal799

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time lurker but new to the forums. I have an SCA 80 gallon cube and I can tell you, they do quality work. I am going to be selling my tank in the next few months as I’m moving across country and I’ll be doing a new build when I get to TN. I wouldn’t hesitate using them again however I’ll probably end up going with glass cages to give the local guys some business (heard nothing but good things about them).

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back