Cyano problem

RickG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2017
Messages
391
Reaction score
239
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i started a 95 gallon back in December. I had set it up with pukani and made the mistake of not curing them beforehand. I faced green hair algae but was able to get rid of it by water changes and GFO. Next i got cyano and haven't been able to get it under control. I took out the pukani, setup a fuge, ran GFO, water changes, changed bulbs, blackout etc. I also have done two treatments of chemi clean. Each time the cyano goes away but ends up coming back. I know chem clean is only a band aid to the real problem but Idk what it can be anymore. My ro water is fine because I use same water for another tank, I also have changed my bulbs and I don't have any flow dead spots and also don't consider myself to overfeed my fish. Any help/ recommendations is appreciated. Just want to start enjoying this tank lol.
 
so i started a 95 gallon back in December. I had set it up with pukani and made the mistake of not curing them beforehand. I faced green hair algae but was able to get rid of it by water changes and GFO. Next i got cyano and haven't been able to get it under control. I took out the pukani, setup a fuge, ran GFO, water changes, changed bulbs, blackout etc. I also have done two treatments of chemi clean. Each time the cyano goes away but ends up coming back. I know chem clean is only a band aid to the real problem but Idk what it can be anymore. My ro water is fine because I use same water for another tank, I also have changed my bulbs and I don't have any flow dead spots and also don't consider myself to overfeed my fish. Any help/ recommendations is appreciated. Just want to start enjoying this tank lol.
Happens with all newer tanks. I just syphon mine out and scrape glass in my little 10g. Keeps it at bay. It should go away with time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new