Cyanobacteria

unionfishguy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking care of several tanks at school, and our reef tank (which has been going since before I got there) has a really bad Cyanobacteria problem. Some of it is glued to the walls of the tank and it is impossible to get off, but it also grows on all of the rocks. I was wondering how to stop it from growing so much, and I'd there was a way to remove it from the walls
 
If it's stuck to the walls and you can't get it off that's not cyanobacteria. Cyanobacteria blows around easily. Sounds like Coralline Algae to me. Use a razor blade if it's a glass tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new