OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trouble in QT again:( Foxface has ich (I hope vs velvet). Started a 1/4 dose of copper and will ramp up slowly. He is still eating so could be worse I guess. I just want to get some healthy fish!

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trouble in QT again:( Foxface has ich (I hope vs velvet). Started a 1/4 dose of copper and will ramp up slowly. He is still eating so could be worse I guess. I just want to get some healthy fish!

Lots and lots of greens. Nori will be your friend. Lettuce if you don’t have Nori. Great build so far! Was that a couple of fuzzy friends I saw in the background of the stand shot?[emoji848]
-Zack, who LOVES fuzzy friends

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots and lots of greens. Nori will be your friend. Lettuce if you don’t have Nori. Great build so far! Was that a couple of fuzzy friends I saw in the background of the stand shot?[emoji848]
-Zack, who LOVES fuzzy friends
Yes we also have lots of fuzzy friends: 3 dogs, 3 cats and had 3 rats up until a month ago.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rats got hit hard but an Upper Respiratory Infection and despite my best efforts with meds I lost them all :( We are not going to replace right now. Maybe in the future. They make good pets

I’m sorry to hear! I know losing pets isn’t fun.
-Zack, sending thoughts and prayers

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spots are multiplying rapidly on foxface. Now pretty sure it is velvet so I freshwater dipped for 5 min and added another 10 drops of cupramine. Crossing fingers

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the foxface, I see Velvet. I was taught (I think by Humblefish) that if you can count the dots, it’s Ich, if the fish is “sugarcoated” you looking at velvet. Also believer is smaller than Ich. I agree with Jason though (4fordfamily) that a ramp over 12 will be good.
-Zack

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry to hear you are dealing with Velvet. It seems like the odds are stacked against finding healthy fish lately. I haven't ordered fish online in several years, but Diver's Den used to be the best source because they quarantine all of their fish. I don't know if they are still the best?? I would be willing to pay more for properly quarantined and conditioned fish. I sure wish there was a something like that available.

I pray the foxface pulls through.

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry to hear you are dealing with Velvet. It seems like the odds are stacked against finding healthy fish lately. I haven't ordered fish online in several years, but Diver's Den used to be the best source because they quarantine all of their fish. I don't know if they are still the best?? I would be willing to pay more for properly quarantined and conditioned fish. I sure wish there was a something like that available.

I pray the foxface pulls through.

It is very frustrating! We toured diver's den (DD) in November and were very impressed. My first fish (bartlett and Copperband) were from a localish (2hrs away) fish store I heard great things about. Fish were only with them for 1 day. I think that is where the uronema came from and then spread to the DD lyretail anthias. DD honored there 14 day guarantee with the Anthias so I was happy about that. The Foxface and Dartfish are all from DD and now have velvet. I don't know if there is a place that does a full quarantine. I sure wish there was. It's hard to see the fish suffering. I will give DD another shot though because at least the fish were eating first day and they have the 14 day guarantee. And really they do make an effort.

The foxface looks marginally better today and is still eating. I ramped up the Cupramine over a 12hr period and was at 0.5 by Seechem test by 8:30 this morning. Hopefully can keep him eating and none of his multitude of wounds gets infected. I'm debating adding Kanaplex with their food tomorrow. The dartfish are all doing well and are not showing any signs of stress or disease (yet). Hopefully I can pull all these fish through!

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and kids surprised me and brought the tank in the house while I was sleeping :)
moving tank1.jpg
moving tank4.jpg
moving tank5.jpg
moving tank7.jpg

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycled123 I am so jealous I love this size , tank ;) beautiful tank and looking forward to your progress!!!

I love love the depth! I can't wait to aquascape it. Plumbing first though and that's going to take a bit because I have to order valves

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transfer switch and dedicated outlet installed today. Transfer switch will allow us to run the 2 saltwater tanks, furnace, refrigerator, freezer, well pump and sump pump off the generator by flipping a switch. The dedicated 20 amp outlet plus the current outlet near the tank will run the new tank.
20180130_165350.jpg
20180130_164725 (1).jpg

Also received the last of the plumbing pieces today. My husband will start working on that on Friday. I am going away on girl's scrapbooking weekend for 3 days. My husband is hoping that I will come home to water in the tank but I am not so optimistic...

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transfer switch and dedicated outlet installed today. Transfer switch will allow us to run the 2 saltwater tanks, furnace, refrigerator, freezer, well pump and sump pump off the generator by flipping a switch. The dedicated 20 amp outlet plus the current outlet near the tank will run the new tank.
20180130_165350.jpg
20180130_164725 (1).jpg

Also received the last of the plumbing pieces today. My husband will start working on that on Friday. I am going away on girl's scrapbooking weekend for 3 days. My husband is hoping that I will come home to water in the tank but I am not so optimistic...

So Saturday... it’s Super Bowl Sunday and I am just going out in a limb here and going to say he is a football fan. So really he has Saturday to plumb this. Pretty motivated man[emoji6]

-Zack

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Saturday... it’s Super Bowl Sunday and I am just going out in a limb here and going to say he is a football fan. So really he has Saturday to plumb this. Pretty motivated man[emoji6]

-Zack

Nah not really. Tank in the same room as TV. Game will be on but I'm the one to be more likely watching it. No super bowl parties for us

OP
OP
cycled123

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband was true to his word. I came home to plumbing done and tank filling!!!! The zip ties on plumbing are temporary. The supports we got were to short so have to get different ones.
FB_IMG_1517784322122.jpg
FB_IMG_1517784309529.jpg
20180204_161457.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is gonna be nice!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back