GrizzReacts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my cycling my tank on the 29th of June and started dosing Seachem prime & stablility this past Saturday and it got my ammonia to this I’d say between 0.50 - 0.25 ppm. Should I do a water change to hopefully bring it to 0 or should I continue to wait it out? Really wanted to get fish in here this week any feedback will be appreciated

IMG_9244.jpeg IMG_9245.jpeg

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my cycling my tank on the 29th of June and started dosing Seachem prime & stablility this past Saturday and it got my ammonia to this I’d say between 0.50 - 0.25 ppm. Should I do a water change to hopefully bring it to 0 or should I continue to wait it out? Really wanted to get fish in here this week any feedback will be appreciated

IMG_9244.jpeg IMG_9245.jpeg
It's better to let the tank fully cycle before doing a water change. When your tests show 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and some nitrate then you can do one if you want. Pro tip: the API ammonia test will almost always show some hint of ammonia.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just wait it out before doing a water change. I had similar readings to yours at a similar time frame and just decided to let my tank keep cycling, and now it is fully cycled and good to go

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back