D.I.Y Arduino

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys visited the DIY controller thread on RC? Looks like the guy is nearing completion. Looks like a very well done build. If anything, you can probably look for things he's already tried and what did/didn't work for him.

The RC servers are always wicked busy

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well RC seem to be fine to me now. I check it out yesterday know how long it going to take to load up the page I decided to talk to my friend I notice how fast it load. It load fast. Anyway I'm trying to decide which rtc to get and what the different between them two

Attachments

• image-2811305524.jpg
    image-2811305524.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 229
  • image-1552435665.jpg
    image-1552435665.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 228
OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i could use a little help with the coding. Everytime i open up the zip file this keep popping up
Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 8.45.54 PM.jpg
so tell me what im doing wrong? only thing library that is working is drawing part. i try to see the graph or anything and nothing but a white screen no text or anything.

fyrfytr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to stur the pot here or hijack the thread...but what is the general consensus here...for simple things and expandability is this worth the time? Is it worth the research (my coding is poor at best) to find the code to copy and paste? Or am I better off getting something premade?

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to stur the pot here or hijack the thread...but what is the general consensus here...for simple things and expandability is this worth the time? Is it worth the research (my coding is poor at best) to find the code to copy and paste? Or am I better off getting something premade?

Go buy any other system. It's easier by far. Unless you wanna learn how to program computers.

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally figure it out y it not working and I think it dumb. I have to installed the ftdiusb serial driver in order to make the screen work. The real problem is it doesn't come with the latest updated version for mountain lion <_< hate using pc no offense

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally figure it out y it not working and I think it dumb. I have to installed the ftdiusb serial driver in order to make the screen work. The real problem is it doesn't come with the latest updated version for mountain lion <_< hate using pc no offense

Interesting.

fyrfytr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go buy any other system. It's easier by far. Unless you wanna learn how to program computers.

I did some programing 10+ years ago...im just real rusty in my programing.

I have no issues looking for the right code online. I like a good DIY project and I do enjoy Google searching to find information. Part of my nightly routine at work (3rd shift worker) is to go through a few fish forums to learn what I can...either from my posts or someone elses. There is a pride in ownership with a DIY project

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some programing 10+ years ago...im just real rusty in my programing.

I have no issues looking for the right code online. I like a good DIY project and I do enjoy Google searching to find information. Part of my nightly routine at work (3rd shift worker) is to go through a few fish forums to learn what I can...either from my posts or someone elses. There is a pride in ownership with a DIY project

If your comfortable doing it yourself then an aduino controller is good for controlling LEDs.

fyrfytr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goal is to control lighting for DT and sump/fuge...as well as monitor temp in both as well

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I have found a way to make it work but will let y'all kno how it go. Just don't want to jinx my idea :)

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I guess I have a major update for today. I got a huge surprise waiting for me when I came home after work. I thought I wasn't going to get it till later this week.

image-293909227.jpg

I love how it came out.

Attachments

• image-3787240729.jpg
    image-3787240729.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 221
OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finish the first bar I will work on the second bar cuz it time for me to get sum rest got long. Ill let my good friend take care of the wiring because I don't have any lol

Attachments

• image-3142525153.jpg
    image-3142525153.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 220
  • image-728174024.jpg
    image-728174024.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 227

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back