OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, am excited to know how's the granulosa doing ? Its one I find quite finicky ...
It's "surviving" so far. ;)

Nice recovery!

Can you please recap your system config now? I saw you post that you will dose ESV BIonic until you can replace that with a calcium reactor. What else did you change? Is your AWC set up and running? Is your sump still going to flow the way you had it for Triton, would seem hard to change that at this point? Got the d2mini-spinning-ball-of-cheato rolling yet?
Sorry to hear you had to reboot but it looks like it was the right choice. I'm super impressed with how fast you were able to get it back up and running. I had similar issues with my triton dosing but I stopped dosing triton about a month ago and switched to 2 part until I can get my carx dialed in. I also hooked up a genesis awc system which has made the biggest difference imo and probably what saved me from having to reboot. Are you just going to set up and program float switches and pumps to handle your awc? Which pumps will you use? How much water will you change per day?

Same sump... for now.
Dosing ESV Bionic... for now.
In the middle of setting up AWC.
I have a small Sicce pump to pump the old water out to my sink's drain, but since I have to deal with gravity/siphon from the new saltwater container, I need a peristaltic pump. So i'll be using an empty head on my GHL Doser.
Will have to see how that works out.
Two level sensors in the sump will control ATO and AWC simultaneously. GHL has the programming built in to the Profilux.
I'll change a few gallons a day, split up over many times per day... maybe 100 times. Shooting for 20-30g per week.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fishy pics...

i-HTrZZMM.jpg

i-LmCnbDp.jpg

i-XTfXNrd.jpg

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics as usual mate!

Bit of a different question for you.
The MP40 you run on the right hand side of the tank, do you have the driver in the left side of the cabinet? I'm trying to work out the length of the cord! lol

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics as usual mate!

Bit of a different question for you.
The MP40 you run on the right hand side of the tank, do you have the driver in the left side of the cabinet? I'm trying to work out the length of the cord! lol
It's on the right. It was just short of making it to the left side.

Zach Spitzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome tank! did you change the sump design or still have the fuge in the first chamber? I was thinking of moving my fuge to the first chamber and implementing triton but having second thoughts now.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome tank! did you change the sump design or still have the fuge in the first chamber? I was thinking of moving my fuge to the first chamber and implementing triton but having second thoughts now.

He said he hasn't changed the sump about 4 posts ago :)

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto Water Changes have BEGUN!!! :D

Two optical level sensors (high and low) in the return section of the sump control both the AWC and ATO.
The whole event is kicked off by a timer on the Profilux 4.
When the timer kicks on, ATO is disabled and a small pump in my sump starts pumping water out via 1/4" water line which runs through the wall behind the tank to the sink which is backed up agains that wall. I tapped into the drain line with a saddle clamp that has a 1/4" John Guest style quick fitting. A few minutes later, the water level drops to the lower level sensor, at which point the drain pump is turned off and now the fill pump is turned on. I'm using a Cole Parmer Masterflex pump because it's peristaltic and I won't have a problem with gravity/siphon draining the whole 50g tank of fresh saltwater. Once the water level in the sump reaches the upper level sensor, the AWC is complete, so the fill pump turns off and ATO is enabled once again.

This process runs for about 10 minutes and changes out 2 Liters.
I'm having it run 5x per day, so 10 Liters per day, or 2.64 gallons.
I was aiming for near 30% system volume per 2 weeks.
2.64 x 14 = just about 37g.
The tank is a 120g plus the sump, minus displacement... so let's guesstimate around 130g. I think I'm close enough, even if you want to include the "new" water that is mixed in with the old water. :)

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to copy your AWC scheme when I get my tank up and running.; very cool.

I am getting close enough now that I need to start thinking about TBS rock. I started a 55g last year with TBS as an experiment (learning curve, before my "big" tank), and ordered the 55G package. I found it had too much rock and sand. I think Richard uses 2lbs rock + 1lb sand per gallon in his packages, when ordered by tank size. From your pictures, I am guessing that you didn't get a 120G package - can you share how many pounds of rock/sand you used in this build? It looks about right to me ...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Auto Water Changes have BEGUN!!! :D

Two optical level sensors (high and low) in the return section of the sump control both the AWC and ATO.
The whole event is kicked off by a timer on the Profilux 4.
When the timer kicks on, ATO is disabled and a small pump in my sump starts pumping water out via 1/4" water line which runs through the wall behind the tank to the sink which is backed up agains that wall. I tapped into the drain line with a saddle clamp that has a 1/4" John Guest style quick fitting. A few minutes later, the water level drops to the lower level sensor, at which point the drain pump is turned off and now the fill pump is turned on. I'm using a Cole Parmer Masterflex pump because it's peristaltic and I won't have a problem with gravity/siphon draining the whole 50g tank of fresh saltwater. Once the water level in the sump reaches the upper level sensor, the AWC is complete, so the fill pump turns off and ATO is enabled once again.

This process runs for about 10 minutes and changes out 2 Liters.
I'm having it run 5x per day, so 10 Liters per day, or 2.64 gallons.
I was aiming for near 30% system volume per 2 weeks.
2.64 x 14 = just about 37g.
The tank is a 120g plus the sump, minus displacement... so let's guesstimate around 130g. I think I'm close enough, even if you want to include the "new" water that is mixed in with the old water. :)

Very cool man! One day.....

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.8%
Back