Daniel's 120 Gallon Aquarium

dturner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am new to these forums and wanted to share my new tank with you. I am finding a lot of great information on these forums and I am looking forward to spending a lot of time here.

I have finally finished upgrading from my 90 to a 120 in MUCH better condition, both in regards to the stand and the tank itself. I had a guy from my local LFS do the plumbing for me since I have no clue how to and he did an excellent job.

Everything is running pretty well, there is kind of a small micro-bubble issue coming somewhere from my return pumps to my main display, they aren't in my sump I know that for sure, so I am seriously hoping it's just new pipe's being broken in and hoping it will go away on its own. Anyone with experience in that area, I'd love to hear your opinion on my microbubble issue.

My sump is a 30 gallon that I bought from someone on craigslist, I sloppily added 3 baffles to the middle made of 1/4" glass, but hey, they work and that's all that matters. I bought the auto-topoff float valve/cord from Autotopoff.com and I am impressed with the quality for the price I paid ($49 with shipping). I have a 32 gallon store container next to my tank which it pulls RO water from and keeps my return part of my sump perfectly full to where there are no bubbles from the water flowing into it.

I bought a reef octopus pinwheel skimmer rated at 250 gallons for my 120 gallon tank so I should have no problems being underskimmed
icon_mrgreen.gif
. It's already producing some skimmate, so I am very happy with my purchase.

So far the plumbing is a little louder than I expected with a huge slurping sound coming from the left overflow that I can't seem to fix, but again, I am hoping that goes away on its own. The water draining into my sump is also pretty loud, I wish I could put some kind of object over that area to lessen the noise.

Some pics:

Newaquarium001.jpg

Newaquarium005.jpg

Newaquarium008.jpg

Newaquarium007.jpg

Newaquarium009.jpg

Watchman goby, pistol shrimp is in there being cautious
Newaquarium010.jpg

Newaquarium011.jpg

Newaquarium019.jpg

Newaquarium003.jpg

Newaquarium002.jpg

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, welcome to the site! Sorry, can't help much with the micro bubble issue...double check to make sure you've got no air entering at any point.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Always good to see other VA reefers here : ). Great looking tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back