OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nirvanas grow quick, so be sure to keep them isolated. At least they are a pretty one, unlike plain brown ones lol.
I couldn't remember if it was Nirvana's and Pandora's or one vs the other. Thank you. (I think it's both).

They're going to sit in that thing until I decide where to put them all. Contemplating picking up a bit of LR rubble from one of my lfs and attaching some to that.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't remember if it was Nirvana's and Pandora's or one vs the other. Thank you. (I think it's both).

They're going to sit in that thing until I decide where to put them all. Contemplating picking up a bit of LR rubble from one of my lfs and attaching some to that.
Pretty sure any paly is fast growing.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught 4 in one photo tonight.

PXL_20210127_224503006.jpg

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned before, we got the tank free from an LFS, used. My incredibly talented husband built a new stand and canopy - as well as a matching cabinet because the one that came with was falling apart and white. Here's a few photos as it was starting up.... Mostly to show off his skills.
MVIMG_20181213_141948.jpg
MVIMG_20190105_121708.jpg
IMG_20190407_111054.jpg
I like the towel rack idea.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is both. Pandora’s and Nirvanas are quick growers. I actually like the 2 mixed, as they grow at about the same rate. Makes for a nice contrast.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update: almost all RFA are visible again, not fully fluffed back up like normal but they're considering it. All *new* zoas are out (the multipack that went in after the filefish left and 2 that went in right a few days before the filefish came out), all older zoas are starting to open in patches. I don't know how much is actual damage they need to recover from vs fear from being nipped at regularly.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update: almost all RFA are visible again, not fully fluffed back up like normal but they're considering it. All *new* zoas are out (the multipack that went in after the filefish left and 2 that went in right a few days before the filefish came out), all older zoas are starting to open in patches. I don't know how much is actual damage they need to recover from vs fear from being nipped at regularly.
Thats awesome.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling too lazy to glue all the new zoas in.... Thinking about leaving 4 or 5 of them on that little rock thing and seeing what happens for awhile. hmm...
I do that all the time real easy to pull if something is off.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news: I had another tattoo session this week (started a Tibetan makara conch), I didn't buy anything new for the tank surprisingly, Skeletor had his annual dental cleaning and did fantastic, and work was insane.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back