Cade Chaos Grimoire

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such tough little buggers. Sending good vibes

My lfs used clams for one. Small clams he would open clams up and toss them in the tank on a half shell
Mine did great until it ran out of all the tiny feather dusters in the zoa frag tank. I then bought mussels, cracked the shell to make a hole about the size of a dime and then put in tank. It went nuts over it. I then filled an old shell with some mysis and dropped that in. That is how I got mine eating.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did great until it ran out of all the tiny feather dusters in the zoa frag tank. I then bought mussels, cracked the shell to make a hole about the size of a dime and then put in tank. It went nuts over it. I then filled an old shell with some mysis and dropped that in. That is how I got mine eating.
It’s like they suck the feather dusters out. Cool to watch. I had a beautiful feather duster Then added CBB not thinking I had a duster. 3 days later I remember but to late.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s like they suck the feather dusters out. Cool to watch. I had a beautiful feather duster Then added CBB not thinking I had a duster. 3 days later I remember but to late.
Mine were those tiny little ones that grow like weeds and tick zoas off lol. It was a blessing for me. It lives in the macro tank now and has loads of pods to eat all day long.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were those tiny little ones that grow like weeds and tick zoas off lol. It was a blessing for me. It lives in the macro tank now and has loads of pods to eat all day long.
After the big one it cleared out the tiny ones. They do grow like weeds.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he show internet with mysis. If so you can add mysis to mastick. live black worms worked for me then it started eating mysis
how easy was it for you to find live Black Worms/ I had to special order some from a shop here and they aren't coming till next week Tuesday.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy masstick success.

Most of it on the glass on the other side of the tank, a tiny bit near the cbb hang out. Only intruder was the filefish who the cbb does not find scary or offensive. Definitely witnessed him picking at it though.
I have some masstick coming tomorrow. My CBB stopped eating after being with me 4 months. He ate everything and how all he does is glass surf. He's obsessed with his reflection. All day back and forth. No time to eat. It's been like this for about a week now.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have some masstick coming tomorrow. My CBB stopped eating after being with me 4 months. He ate everything and how all he does is glass surf. He's obsessed with his reflection. All day back and forth. No time to eat. It's been like this for about a week now.
try the mirror trick in feeding area,
not really sure fish can see own reflection in glass ?? unless side by side tanks ??
correct me if i'm wrong ... :)

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not really sure fish can see own reflection in glass ?? unless side by side tanks ??
I've tried shutting off lights while feeding, All it does is glass surf back and forth. A couple other fish do it as well but they swim around and eat like glutens when I feed the tank. I even put black poster board between the two tanks. That stopped the surfing on the side but then he immediately started on the front. Once the lights are all off he goes into the rocks to sleep. In the morning he's not glass surfing until lights come on. I think it's the reflection?
Please give more info on "mirror trick"
Thanks

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but my wrasse when they transition to male glass surf during the process. Potters glass surfaces right side glass. Let it get really dirty and he still surfs. No way he can see reflection idk

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but my wrasse when they transition to male glass surf during the process. Potters glass surfaces right side glass. Let it get really dirty and he still surfs. No way he can see reflection idk
I'm talking non stop. All day long. I leave the room and look from a distance and it's still doing it. Lights are on 10-9. It's crazy!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm talking non stop. All day long. I leave the room and look from a distance and it's still doing it. Lights are on 10-9. It's crazy!
Same as my potters for the past year and a half but he eats.
Possible aggression when your not around and it’s looks to get out

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as my potters for the past year and a half but he eats.
Possible aggression when your not around and it’s looks to get out
Possible I guess, The only fish that he squabbles once in a while is the Scopas, but the Scopas and the Brown go at it amongst themselves and even they do it rarely. I don't see any torn fins or aggressive chasing at all.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry danieyella, didn't mean to go on and on in your thread but your success with Masstick caught my eye. Thanks for the input guys. I'll let you know my progress or lack of.
No worries! He eats it, but I don't think enough of it
scrape the other tank for dusters
I did but he's sticking to the top levels of the tank so not even going near the ones I tried.

Considering putting him in the intro iso box for the tank? Adding food to that maybe? Letting him have the sump if it's aggression fear? (Sump also has a lot more visible pods) Idk I'm at a loss. Waiting for one of the LFS to open to make sure they have black worms (I see posts all the time recommending this specific place for them)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries! He eats it, but I don't think enough of it

I did but he's sticking to the top levels of the tank so not even going near the ones I tried.

Considering putting him in the intro iso box for the tank? Adding food to that maybe? Letting him have the sump if it's aggression fear? (Sump also has a lot more visible pods) Idk I'm at a loss. Waiting for one of the LFS to open to make sure they have black worms (I see posts all the time recommending this specific place for them)
from the godfather...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/p...y-kept-a-butterfly.543544/page-8#post-7524172

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning, if you put in iso box, can you "shake" ATS to get a bunch of pods to put in w him?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back