Dark spots on Midas blenny

tag62001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are dark spots on my Midas blenny, on his left side by his dorsal fin about 3/4 of the way down his side. And his lower tailfin has it at the base as well ( also I just treated him for parasites but I noticed his poo not wanting to let go do I need to do another regimen? Using new life spectrum hexshield the poo did detach by itself) any suggestions, I've had him about 4 days.

Attachments

• VID_20200707_190259.mp4
    75.9 MB
  • VID_20200707_185553.mp4
    81.3 MB
OP
OP
T

tag62001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the emergency flair it was an accident and didn't realize it was on there or how to take it off

OP
OP
T

tag62001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another pic in different coloration showing 2 black dots on his side

IMG_20200707_191938.jpg IMG_20200707_191937.jpg

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do that when they’re stressed. When I got mine he was bright yellow. In QT he gradually darkened and got blotchy. Then once I put him in my DT, he brightened back up again.

OP
OP
T

tag62001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do that when they’re stressed. When I got mine he was bright yellow. In QT he gradually darkened and got blotchy. Then once I put him in my DT, he brightened back up again.
Thank you, I've gotten him to brighten up a few times but that's when I noticed a small darker spot that I just noticed is lighter when he's in his darker stressed colors. I haven't medicated at all except new life spectrum hexshield for internal parasites as a preventative. Hes eating and seems healthy I'm just not sure if he got beaten up before I got him or if he's got something or if he's just alittle ragged but fine. When I ordered him at first they called and said they oversold or had a die off ( I was running late and driving so I didn't comprehend at the time) but said they would ship when they had one. I found an XL one at a different place and called to cancel and when I did they said they were just about to call me because their wholesaler found one in my size. I decided to go with the smaller one but I modified my order ( took off a longhorn cowfish) and they sent him to me the same day. It wasn't until last night when he got comfortable enough to change color and swim freely that I noticed the dark spot and beat up bottom tailfin.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back