Dc flow pump

Emoney33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use current usa equipment and have dc flow pump issues? If so please help mine is running either to fast or not fast enough.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ran the eflux DC pumps and had no issues. Using the controller you should be able to find a sweet spot of flow. What size pump, what size tank? Controller issues aren't uncommon but current has really good customer service if there's a problem with the pump/controller.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Emoney33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CURRENT USA - EFLUX LOOP DC FLOW RETURN PUMP 1900 GPH but I think
this is the problem LOOP IC Controller

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I run all of the dc return pumps and wave makers, if your using the Bluetooth with these you have to have current swap your dc controller out. If your not getting much flow and you have them linked together (since I run twin returns) if you don’t plug the link cords into the proper slots 1,2,3,4
Etc you will have that probelm. Port 1 and port 3 and 4 you can link into to. 2 you can not it’s for the other devices.

If your not running blue tooth then what you should try is re hook up the pump to the dc controller and make sure you get the pin connectors right (three pin) and make sure it’s actuslly in and you screw the plastic cap on. Then with the knob at the lowest power sooo all the way counter clockwise set it there. Then very very very last plug in the power source going into the dc controller (not the wall out let) for some reason it matters. Once that is done, the leds lights should come on and it should show red for power and blue for the pump. If they flash at all there is a connection error.

Now I don’t know what size tank you have and I use the 3100 gpg the largest ones. My tank is a 240 and one of these is more than plenty. However, I went to two of them because once I split the return lines for dual over flows even full blast seemed pretty low to me. So I changed my plumbing and used one return pump per over flow. Now why this is i haven’t figured out (mainly lack of time) but wow there is a huge huge difference. If I run just one pump even with one off hooked to only one return you can’t turn it up maybe 20%. If you do it’s like major raging water works, 50 % in my tank is absolutely insane where my tank is 34 inches tall and with my wave makers off it will blast the sand bed.

So with both of them on I run 15-20% and it has strong flow at both ends. I have no idea why running one pump gave me such low pressure running two overflows. But they are amazing return pumps and I have had no issues. Current also is amazkng to work with I suggest a call and or email. They are pretty fast and their service is stellar. How long have you had this pump and what size tank etc.

Oh and if your trying to plug this into the ic Controller that does the lights I’m not aware you can. The power supply to the larger dc pumps are to large. They have to run on their own. Meaning if you are linking the light blue one to the black one that runs he wave makers and lights with the ic loop controller with the remote I don’t believe you can. If you are I suggest not don’t that, it could be the reason why which is the power supplies to the wave makers are much smaller. The dc pumps are 150-200 Watts (same as the old current marine pros) the new ic loop lights are only 90 I think and 60 for the wave makers. This is one of the main reasons they came out with the blue tooth controller because you can run everything through that controller and get rid of the wave maker hubs and return hubs and even the ic controller and just use your smart phone.

Sorry you don’t have the 3100 it’s the 1900 so now that I sound kinda dumb lol, you have the black hub then the blue wave make hub, (then dc pump should be light blue or grey since the blue tooth came out. So starting with your dc controller the little micro plug make sure it’s plugged into port one on it, then it should plug into port four only on the blue wave maker. Then from the blue wave maker hub go from port one to port four on the black hub. Then from the black hub to the ic loop controller that must must must be plugged into port 2.

Now the remote is kinda your friend but to reset everything use default settings on the remote. I accidentally hit something and it made all my wave makers go into feed mode forever. I unplugged it, etc. took the batteries out lol but the default button is your friend and you have to hold it down for like 10 seconds I think. Not at home to check my instructions but that should work. Sorry I didn’t see you had the 1900 return or I would have saved the other parts

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back