OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reefer 525 came with Version 3 sumo. It comes with a divider and two sleeves to adjust the size of the refugium area. I started off with the small per sleeve and just switched and now half the sump is my refugium.

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FF1AF588-63D8-4506-9629-BDA44CA41DD2.jpeg

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reefer 525 came with Version 3 sumo. It comes with a divider and two sleeves to adjust the size of the refugium area. I started off with the small per sleeve and just switched and now half the sump is my refugium.
Thank you for your quick response! Could you take a closer picture of that divider? I am going to try and fabricate my own so as not to have to glue one in. I really appreciate your help!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the new light rig? Rosemary won't let me hang any more lights. I can see where she's coming from though, it does look like a shotgun went off in there with all the halides and different tanks I've had over the years lol :D. She says hello by the way.

panama reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Just went through your build thread. Awesome tank. I also have a 525XL and love it!
Do you mind expanding on your plumbing design/layout? I couldn't find any details on your thread... maybe went through it too quickly. Thank you!

Here is a pic of mine...

20200814_171920.jpg

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly we had a loss this week.

My rose BTA passed away. I have had this rose for 3yrs.... so sad. It appears that a turbo snail was eaten or fell into her and the snail tried to eat its way out. Hard to explain but there was literally a hole through the middle like a donut with a turbo snail in th hole. Tragic....

Dave @ NOVA Tropicals thankfully hooked my up with a replacement. As my other two BTAs (small babies) would have been beaten to death by my female yellow stripe maroon. She likes to play rough in her bed.... LOL

i will post some pictures later today. I had to rearrange my reef scrap..

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank Jason. As a fellow 525XL owner, I wanted to see if you could let me know what size piping you used for your manifold? I would like to do the same to mine. Mines no where near as nice as yours, I moved from a Reefer 250 to a 525XL a few months ago so I am still getting the tank going again.

20200927_132332.jpg

20200803_192641.jpg

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have determined my success with acros all hinges on PO4 and alk.

I have finally figured out my GFO/PO4 Balance.

my PO4 is stable around .02

Per my trident, my ALK swings between 7.74 and 8.14 throughout the day. The daily up and down pattern is consistent every day.

my ALK average is just under 8.0 at 7.97. Using blue bucket so this makes sense.

Acros are finally growing and encrusting.

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big News!!!! I added a Clarisea SK-3000 to my reefer 525. I removed the 4 sock holders and the associated baffles (this was a pain in butt) and installed the Clarisea. This is an amazing upgrade and so easy and the water is so so clean.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back