Deltec CR Twintech 1500 thoughts and review

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok considering getting this unit what would be the best regulator to get should I get the Tunze Dual Stage CO2 Regulator or something else?
Also what media is best to use that could be ordered easily ?
Do most recommend and reactor going thru sand/crushed coral to bring ph up?
Total noob in CA reactors always used triton 4 part or 2 part. I also was thinking to order spare pumps just incase would really hate to wait for replacement parts.
anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance

Jiri Kocourek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, one question please. I switched from Triton to Ca reactor Deltec Twintech 1500 with Kalkwasser and the readings fluctuate a lot. KH started at 9. here it was stable for a few days then increace up to 11, here I reduced the reactor dose from 35 liters to 28. Still going up to 12 then the value went down. At KH 9 I wanted to stabilize it and when it dropped below 9, I increased the dose to 30 but KH still decreasing, I increased dose to 33L and it is still decreasing. Now KH is 7.4. Aquarium 1000L SPS/LPS. Thank you

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel your pain. I have the Aquarium Engineering ARC that went out of business so I bought the Deltec Twintech 1500. I have never been able to get it to keep my Alkalinity stable. I have been trying for months. I give up and go back to the ARC. Then I try it again and same thing happens. I even tried using the night mode and shutting it down at night but that didn't help. You can buy the night mode adapter here for $11.00 dollars instead of $50 if you want to try that.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is some talk about it here.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer has a separate dedicated port for Ozone on the Venturi and the generator says no air pump required

Hello, one question please. I switched from Triton to Ca reactor Deltec Twintech 1500 with Kalkwasser and the readings fluctuate a lot. KH started at 9. here it was stable for a few days then increace up to 11, here I reduced the reactor dose from 35 liters to 28. Still going up to 12 then the value went down. At KH 9 I wanted to stabilize it and when it dropped below 9, I increased the dose to 30 but KH still decreasing, I increased dose to 33L and it is still decreasing. Now KH is 7.4. Aquarium 1000L SPS/LPS. Thank you
When this happens to me it usually means there is no efflent flow. Clogged line / pump or faulty check valve. My pump is in a filter sock and I bought a glass ball check valve which has helped avoid those annoying issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back