Deltec Skimmer Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, I absolutely love the Deltec skimmer I got from you. There is only one issue I seem to run into. That O-ring for the skimmer collection cup. Is there a trick to getting it to stay in place? The grove I think it is supposed to rest in is so small it falls out the first time I pull the skimmer cup.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, I absolutely love the Deltec skimmer I got from you. There is only one issue I seem to run into. That O-ring for the skimmer collection cup. Is there a trick to getting it to stay in place? The grove I think it is supposed to rest in is so small it falls out the first time I pull the skimmer cup.

Hi there hey thanks a lot for the post Ill be honest I had problem with the op rings not staying put on my larger models but the smaller guys have always been real snug to the bottom of the neck. However I have always given them a little twist inward as i was re installing and that seems to help keep them a bit more tight.

does that help at all?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there hey thanks a lot for the post Ill be honest I had problem with the op rings not staying put on my larger models but the smaller guys have always been real snug to the bottom of the neck. However I have always given them a little twist inward as i was re installing and that seems to help keep them a bit more tight.

does that help at all?
Not sure, I'll give it a try!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

does that help at all?
Well, didn't help much. I think the biggest problem is that it is so tight that it tries to twist the other direction. Once I can finally get it to stay on, it typically stays in place for at least a few cleaning.

Not a big deal since the skimmer works just fine without the o-ring. Its only a little water that seeps out and drips into the sump so it doesn't hurt anything.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, didn't help much. I think the biggest problem is that it is so tight that it tries to twist the other direction. Once I can finally get it to stay on, it typically stays in place for at least a few cleaning.

Not a big deal since the skimmer works just fine without the o-ring. Its only a little water that seeps out and drips into the sump so it doesn't hurt anything.

Hmm can you post a pic of the neck with the o ring in place?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm can you post a pic of the neck with the o ring in place?
I'll try to do that over the weekend. Will be embarrassing if I'm putting it in the wrong spot!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll try to do that over the weekend. Will be embarrassing if I'm putting it in the wrong spot!

lol Feel free to send it directly to me. I'd just like to get a look at what you are seeing in your end:)

apt220

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own that specific skimmer (yet), but just throwing it out there.. would silicone lubricant help? I put it on all my o-rings.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own that specific skimmer (yet), but just throwing it out there.. would silicone lubricant help? I put it on all my o-rings.
Not sure. Definitely something to think about. Would make sliding the O-ring on without any twist easier so it wouldn't pop off as easily.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back