Devoted Reefer 250

So it begins... Dino’s?!?! Reduced the time frame on the ATS in hopes I could raise phosphates and nitrates. Light settings haven’t changed, I have been dosing ESV Bionic alk and calcium to raise alk. Otherwise it’s all the same, unless I’m missing something!

Alk - 8.7
Phosphates - .04
Nitrates - 0 (tank has never registered nitrates
PH Average - 7.86

Side tank shot after I blew the sand, rocks and pumps!

EFA77809-684F-4E6A-860C-C8C1500EE17B.jpeg


C6F63500-C863-40BA-AAA3-65FB2081D114.jpeg


A9E90F05-A39C-47C2-80FE-12A0FFB2151A.jpeg


C3C61DA2-DD20-45F3-92DE-05346B480737.jpeg
 
Wow. That sucks. Reducing the the ATS likely had something to do with it. Tank just needs to adjust to it. Now you have to get it out of your tank. Nutrients are being absorbed by it. Maybe a large water change will help.
 
Wow. That sucks. Reducing the the ATS likely had something to do with it. Tank just needs to adjust to it. Now you have to get it out of your tank. Nutrients are being absorbed by it. Maybe a large water change will help.

From what I read a water change will cause more harm than good. But I’m still researching and trying to figure this out! I’ve bumped the ATS up a little to see if I can find a happy medium.
 
for me, i had to dose NO3 in my old tank to get the nitrates up., and it helped.

What did you use to do this? This tank has never had nitrates. Very confusing this tank has been! Haha thanks for the input!
 
Vinegar bath, rinse. Another vinegar bath and rinse. Then the Tunze citric acid and water bath. Skimmer going to sparkle!

C829EECD-6D5E-48FC-B5CC-0DE4BF46D6F3.jpeg
 
Still not sure yet... tempted to try something else...

I’m currently on the fence, the GHL is the best option as far as space and price. I’d like to try out the DOS but I’d want the 1 link module and cables, although I know I don’t have to use them.
 
I’m currently on the fence, the GHL is the best option as far as space and price. I’d like to try out the DOS but I’d want the 1 link module and cables, although I know I don’t have to use them.
I’m happy with the DOS + DDR setup on the 425 but not sure about the space on the 250.
 
I’m happy with the DOS + DDR setup on the 425 but not sure about the space on the 250.

Exactly! That’s why I bought some of the 800ml Voss water bottles from Walmart and the 1/4” bulkheads from BRS. Haven’t added them to the tank yet, but I have a few options with them since they are only about 2” in diameter.
 
Exactly! That’s why I bought some of the 800ml Voss water bottles from Walmart and the 1/4” bulkheads from BRS. Haven’t added them to the tank yet, but I have a few options with them since they are only about 2” in diameter.
Hmm solid idea I want something to sit on the back of my ATO reservoir I think. Still pondering
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new