OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil a160we, meet your replacements. Radion XR15’s! Just added them to my apex, still waiting on hardware to mount them. Wanted to do some prep work and get them into fusion. Also plan to do kessil par readings and Radion par readings!

65A9E080-9AC8-427F-A228-D358F37B4E27.jpeg

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil a160we, meet your replacements. Radion XR15’s! Just added them to my apex, still waiting on hardware to mount them. Wanted to do some prep work and get them into fusion. Also plan to do kessil par readings and Radion par readings!

65A9E080-9AC8-427F-A228-D358F37B4E27.jpeg

La la la la
La la la la
Hey hey goodbye ;)

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
La la la la
La la la la
Hey hey goodbye ;)

Hahah right!!!

Hopefully figure out how to setup light profiles tomorrow. May need some pointers on it.

Also going to try them without diffusers first, just because! But everyone says they love them and I’ve watched your video 125 times and you have them good reviews!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait to see the 80/20 set with radions. Should look pretty dang sleek!

RMS Sliders should be here tomorrow, par meter won’t be here until Thursday probably. So I’m anxiously waiting to mount them!

Also curious... I have pond matrix I pulled from my sump many months ago. Can I re-add that to my sump with no issues? I have a some new rock coming in tomorrow to replace my right structure (I hope anyway). I plan to put it in the sump for a few weeks or a month. But I’d like to add some matrix to my sump to help out. Any opinions?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. You can definitely reuse the pond matrix though I'm not sure how you'd want to go about cleaning it. A good rinse is probably sufficient or you could treat it like uncured dead rock and give it a bleach bath. Probably not much dead organics in it though.

Two weeks in the sump will have new rock and Matrix seeded though.

pwilliaml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was WAY to easy! Haha

That’s what my display was doing, I went to the coralvue website and opened a ticket. I sent them my receipt in the initial ticket. They responded, later that evening I sent my serial number and pictures of my display. Very easy process.
I got mine last year during Black Friday sales. How old was yours when you got the display replaced? I wonder if mine is still covered.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine last year during Black Friday sales. How old was yours when you got the display replaced? I wonder if mine is still covered.

Don't remember exactly, it was the first few months of 2017 though.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New rock came in today as well as the ecotech rms sliders I needed to mount the lights to my 8020! Have to wait until the par meter gets here so I can compare par on the 3 kessils first.

A0D1E4E6-430D-4CB3-BEC0-4399411A8B72.jpeg

3541BA97-0AA0-4BDF-9E57-7F8987394227.jpeg

A3AE72BF-ED97-4643-AF34-0FE188A340BB.jpeg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ups and downs... I do run the apex classic with a wifi adapter, running a cable where my tank is can't and won't happen. Not without paying to have it done anyway! It's ran rock solid for probably 2 years, I updated the firmware on my wxm module on Friday and since then the apex has been disconnecting from the internet. I suspect that the netgear hardware could be faulty OR my UPS is going bad.

heartbeat.jpeg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harumph!! Not the WXM?!?
Which wifi adapter are you using?
I had an older one crap out and do something similar. Went with anN300 I believe it was and havent had an issue since. Use two of them actually.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harumph!! Not the WXM?!?
Which wifi adapter are you using?
I had an older one crap out and do something similar. Went with anN300 I believe it was and havent had an issue since. Use two of them actually.

I don't think updating the wxm had anything to do with it, the firmware didn't update on the brain, just the module? Or does it update the apex brain! haha

That is the same adapter I am using. I really feel like my UPS is doing something funky. I may try to move the adapter off of the UPS and go directly into the wall just to test.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would only be the module and wouldnt affect the apex NIC. Just weird. I hate when timelines say something that doesn’t add up!

Fusion disconnected 4 times last night, I’ve had the doors to my cabinet open for the last 1.5 hours hoping it disconnects so I can see if equipment is actually shutting off. I need to enable logs on some equipment today, luckily the COR20 is a stand alone pump!

But of course since I’m waiting it to disconnect it won’t... until I leave for work! Haha

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fusion disconnected 4 times last night, I’ve had the doors to my cabinet open for the last 1.5 hours hoping it disconnects so I can see if equipment is actually shutting off. I need to enable logs on some equipment today, luckily the COR20 is a stand alone pump!

But of course since I’m waiting it to disconnect it won’t... until I leave for work! Haha

My equipment doesn’t stop when apex gets disconnected from WiFi, which happens A LOT... I love my apex but I also hate my apex ...

Reefandthecurious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “Devoted reefer 250” looks amazing. I was thinking of buying the 250 but decided on the 170. Regret that now because 170 doesn’t have that much space and I’m limited to my livestock because of their growth. I really want a lion fish lol. They say u need a 50gal min tank do u plan on gettin a lion fish in the future? Great tank following along!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The minute you walked away im sure it bounced!! Never fails!

Literally 1 minute after I left it disconnected!

My equipment doesn’t stop when apex gets disconnected from WiFi, which happens A LOT... I love my apex but I also hate my apex ...

Right! I turned on the log files for more equipment this morning to see what happens.

The “Devoted reefer 250” looks amazing. I was thinking of buying the 250 but decided on the 170. Regret that now because 170 doesn’t have that much space and I’m limited to my livestock because of their growth. I really want a lion fish lol. They say u need a 50gal min tank do u plan on gettin a lion fish in the future? Great tank following along!

Thank you @Reefandthecurious I looked at the 170 as well, but knew I wouldn't like the small foot print. The 250 fits me and my needs perfectly! I've never looked at lion fish, are they reef safe?

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a problem with my UPS. Heartbeat did track some issues and all of a sudden my equipment that I turned logs on for is on the log history. Time to swap out UPS's and see if that corrects the issue. Which is strange, because I've seen batteries fail not entire units. Although it is possible it is on the way out completely!

heartbeat2.jpeg

apex.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back