OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Good thing you caught it. What do you have the heater set to out of curiosity?

Ehiem is set to right around 80, but I have a dinner titanium heater in there as well. The dinner heater relies on the apex to tell it when to turn on and off. No built in thermostat. Ordering a new ehiem heater now so I can run two ehiem heaters!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its easy to miss, all the equipment and cables we have. the probe should come color coded. Glad you cought it

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked phosphates from one of my water storage containers this morning.. a new meaning to dosing phosphates into a tank.. I have new filters and a membrane that will be installed when we get back from vacation! Until then I’ll fight the good fight with rowaphos!

3BDFDD3C-AA58-4BD0-BC9A-8CF200397984.jpeg

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a set of these Wyze camera's - one will be used on the tank next week while we are gone.

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa - https://amzn.to/2WtyZar

Let us know how the camera goes! For $25 you can’t beat it

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a set of these Wyze camera's - one will be used on the tank next week while we are gone.

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa - https://amzn.to/2WtyZar

Do you like it - been meaning the same thing for my setup

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how the camera goes! For $25 you can’t beat it

For sure!! I can't wait to try it ou!

Do you like it - been meaning the same thing for my setup

It will be here today, going to get it setup before we leave! Should have thought about this sooner... But I didn't! hahaha

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you picked them up. I purchased a few last month. I setup one looking at my frag tank and a second at the sump. I also picked up the pan version for my reefer sump so I can look around at the skimmer, water levels, ATK, etc. These are amazing for the price.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you picked them up. I purchased a few last month. I setup one looking at my frag tank and a second at the sump. I also picked up the pan version for my reefer sump so I can look around at the skimmer, water levels, ATK, etc. These are amazing for the price.

It’s final resting spot will be the sump area, on Friday I’m going to position it higher to view the tank and sump while we are gone!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to stick with my 6 gallon @Crystal Reef Aquatics G6 ATO while we are on vacation. Since I am only using one DOS pump I configured the second one to pump RODI water into my ATO container. I will have a camera setup on the tank and monitor so make sure I don't create a flood... HA!

1. I have the DOS RODI pump setup, currently I have it setup to dose 2500ml a day. This will change and I don't even plan to turn this on until the water is at the 2-3 gallon mark.
  2. I setup a profile in Apex fusion - this profile tells the DOS pump to run at full speed 250ml a min. Not sure if I will use this or not but I wanted the logic in place before I left.
  3. A virtual outlet was setup - DOSPUMP (there is no logic in this outlet.
  4. The advanced programming is now setup in the pump - First off I have an optical sensor in the ATO container to turn the pump off and send an alert. This is at the 5 gallon mark so that I have a gallon so spare! Next is the logic programmed into the pump. If Output DOSPump = ON Then DOSPMP
  5. DOSPump is the virtual outlet and DOSPMP is the profile I built

The plan is to tell the DOS to pump a gallon or two into the ATO container daily. If that doesn't keep up I can turn the virtual outlet on and fill the container rather quickly!

DOS1.jpeg

DOS2.jpeg

DOS3.jpeg

DOS4.jpeg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to stick with my 6 gallon @Crystal Reef Aquatics G6 ATO while we are on vacation. Since I am only using one DOS pump I configured the second one to pump RODI water into my ATO container. I will have a camera setup on the tank and monitor so make sure I don't create a flood... HA!

1. I have the DOS RODI pump setup, currently I have it setup to dose 2500ml a day. This will change and I don't even plan to turn this on until the water is at the 2-3 gallon mark.
  2. I setup a profile in Apex fusion - this profile tells the DOS pump to run at full speed 250ml a min. Not sure if I will use this or not but I wanted the logic in place before I left.
  3. A virtual outlet was setup - DOSPUMP (there is no logic in this outlet.
  4. The advanced programming is now setup in the pump - First off I have an optical sensor in the ATO container to turn the pump off and send an alert. This is at the 5 gallon mark so that I have a gallon so spare! Next is the logic programmed into the pump. If Output DOSPump = ON Then DOSPMP
  5. DOSPump is the virtual outlet and DOSPMP is the profile I built

The plan is to tell the DOS to pump a gallon or two into the ATO container daily. If that doesn't keep up I can turn the virtual outlet on and fill the container rather quickly!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a triton style sump that doesn't have any mechanical filtration, I like to run floss or socks once in awhile... Or having that option! When I reached out to Matt with my request he was very helpful and after some back and forth he knew exactly what I was looking for!

A week or so later it arrived and I couldn't be more pleased!!!! If you've ever been on his site you will see magnet warnings everywhere, there is a reason for this.. They are STRONG! Included with the filter tray was a document again explaining the magnets. If you smash your fingers or other body parts at this point you may have deserved it! HA

Here are some pictures!

These are the dimensions - 7”x1.5”x1”tall

@cromag27

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brilliant I say as I check my sump to see if something like this might work!

My fuge will still be a little messy, actually it is really dirty right now because I have my pump off. I typically run a pump in there to help suspend everything, but I turned it off when I ordered this. My plan is to keep the pump running in the fuge and catch as much crap before it goes into my skimmer section! Plus the way this sump is setup it is impossible to mechanically filter any water before it hits the fuge.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 42 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back