OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion xr15’s were actually pretty darn clean. But I cleaned them up a little anyway!

6F772DBD-D2F7-4B6D-BCCC-CC8EDD982F0E.jpeg

A4F3E13A-B4F8-4CD0-927B-C2689723D398.jpeg

55EAF225-C7ED-400A-9368-29DF0E3A75C2.jpeg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked the phosphates on my tank earlier, Hanna phosphorus checker said 200, nitrates were also through the roof. Time to get serious and do a large water change with my fritz salt!

5454A2B9-0534-443A-83FA-D444A86A21D9.jpeg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked the phosphates on my tank earlier, Hanna phosphorus checker said 200, nitrates were also through the roof. Time to get serious and do a large water change with my fritz salt!

5454A2B9-0534-443A-83FA-D444A86A21D9.jpeg
Thats one heck of a controller you got there too! HP must’ve seen the void left by Vertex and decided they could do it smaller ;)

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats one heck of a controller you got there too! HP must’ve seen the void left by Vertex and decided they could do it smaller ;)

That’s hilarious... but it’s an old old dell controller!! Hahaha vertex, what’s that?!?! Haha

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick question about your MP10s. How well do they stick? theyre rated for up to 9.5mm glass and the reefer 250's sides and rear are 10mm. I ask because I currently own 2 MP10s and am planning on upgrading to a reefer 250 soon. Thanks!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick question about your MP10s. How well do they stick? theyre rated for up to 9.5mm glass and the reefer 250's sides and rear are 10mm. I ask because I currently own 2 MP10s and am planning on upgrading to a reefer 250 soon. Thanks!

Ironically they have worked perfectly on my back glass, until last week. While I was on vacation they both fell off the tank. Also this morning my right mp10 had come off the glass!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically they have worked perfectly on my back glass, until last week. While I was on vacation they both fell off the tank. Also this morning my right mp10 had come off the glass!
This is interesting. I have 2 MP10s that I was debating on adding to my tank. Now I'm thinking of selling them and getting another MP40.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting. I have 2 MP10s that I was debating on adding to my tank. Now I'm thinking of selling them and getting another MP40.

I actually started this tank with an mp10, I had no issues but upgraded to a mp40 just because. I revisited the mp10’s because others have success with it. I’ve not seen that success so much.

Mine always fell off my 250 too. Even now on my Biocube if I run Nutrient Transport or Reef Crest Random at 90%+ I can torque the dry side off the glass. Only had issues with those particular modes which makes sense to me.

I do run a nutrient export mode, I wonder if that’s when the dry and wet side are separating for me?!?!

Do you fill that brute up and transport it in your car? I can't imagine how you'd move it full of water?!

Hahaha nope, it was empty. I bought the brute yesterday. I wanted a 20 gallon, all they had was 32!

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Pelphrey quick question after your last video. Would the Octo Aquatic filter tray fit on the outside of drain side before the refugium section? I am seriously thinking of getting the same sump but when clearing the glass etc I would prefer to use floss to remove it before it gets stuck in the fuge. Or maybe that is a bigger modification for CRA to design into it (not really triton at that point).

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Pelphrey quick question after your last video. Would the Octo Aquatic filter tray fit on the outside of drain side before the refugium section? I am seriously thinking of getting the same sump but when clearing the glass etc I would prefer to use floss to remove it before it gets stuck in the fuge. Or maybe that is a bigger modification for CRA to design into it (not really triton at that point).

The "overflow" in the sump has cut outs on the front and side so the tray would need to be bigger. Also the water level is above all of the cut outs so it really wouldn't work the same. With me having it before the skimmer section it is just above the water level in the skimmer chamber and ensures all water passes through it. I have a sicce pump in the fuge section that turns on multiple times a day to circulate water, this also suspends any build up in that chamber and will get filtered out... For the most part anyway. I may have to manually remove some.

do you work in IT or is that another hobby for you? a home plex server perhaps?

I work in IT, I took that old server out of a facility of ours awhile back. There isn't anything on it so I haven't pulled it out of my car yet! No way I'd spin this loud monster up in my home! haha

Why r u selling all your livestock, bud?

I had that thread locked for now. I am up in the air on what I plan to do, the kids are going to start sports in the fall and as much as I love the tank I may not keep it. I have three kids, 3, 2 and 8 months old so life is going to start getting really busy pretty soon.

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that thread locked for now. I am up in the air on what I plan to do, the kids are going to start sports in the fall and as much as I love the tank I may not keep it. I have three kids, 3, 2 and 8 months old so life is going to start getting really busy pretty soon.

I hear ya Pelphrey. I closed down a tank when my kids started getting into the weekend activities. The memories with the kids r priceless and there was only so many hours in the weekend!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perhaps it make sense to downgrade and join the 40 breeder club then :)

I like that idea but I am thinking 20 gallon or less, realistically a 10 gallon AIO. I really only want to keep the corals. 80% of these corals have been with me from the beginning and have been through a lot. I don't have anything rare, they just hold a special place in my heart!

I hear ya Pelphrey. I closed down a tank when my kids started getting into the weekend activities. The memories with the kids r priceless and there was only so many hours in the weekend!

Right! The tank in my eyes doesn't require a lot of time, but that is if things are running smoothly!!!! haha I do like to tinker so I bring it all on myself. I feel like if I go with a 10 gallon and have just a few pieces of equipment that would put me in my happy place. Have a small piece of the ocean and dedicate the time to the family!

About the mp10's falling; did you use the tie wraps and cable holders provided with the pumps for extra support?

I didn't, I did see @tenurepro video on the pumps and that makes a lot of sense! Just strange after all that time they both popped off while I was on vacation! haha

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back