OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought for sure this was a goniopora, pretty sure it’s an alveopora coral!

FC7DE71A-CEF2-4E6C-8D5A-E702BC6586D7.jpeg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pelphrey any other reason you sold your high quality equipment other than the economy stuff works? Just curious. What I'd like to see someone do is an all Red Sea equipment tank. They are coming out with even more products and I'm betting them make the Reef Beat app internet/Wi-Fi compatible. Like Ecotech. The Vortechs and Radions were only wirelessly connected to other Vortechs or Radions respectively way before there was a Reeflink with EcoSmart Live. Tying up all their pumps and lighting control and making them remotely accessible with internet connection through a user interface united their product lines. I could see Red Sea doing this down the road while pointing out their lights and pumps are alreadly wireless controlled.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pelphrey any other reason you sold your high quality equipment other than the economy stuff works? Just curious. What I'd like to see someone do is an all Red Sea equipment tank. They are coming out with even more products and I'm betting them make the Reef Beat app internet/Wi-Fi compatible.
Search Prestige Reef on You Tube. I do not want to link his video here but he is doing just that.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pelphrey any other reason you sold your high quality equipment other than the economy stuff works? Just curious. What I'd like to see someone do is an all Red Sea equipment tank. They are coming out with even more products and I'm betting them make the Reef Beat app internet/Wi-Fi compatible. Like Ecotech. The Vortechs and Radions were only wirelessly connected to other Vortechs or Radions respectively way before there was a Reeflink with EcoSmart Live. Tying up all their pumps and lighting control and making them remotely accessible with internet connection through a user interface united their product lines. I could see Red Sea doing this down the road while pointing out their lights and pumps are alreadly wireless controlled.
Search Prestige Reef on You Tube. I do not want to link his video here but he is doing just that.

@Scurvy beat me to it! Redsea sponsored his built and he has everything Redsea has to offer!

The honest answer about the equipment - I was going to get out of the hobby. I knew I wasn't going to get rid of the tank in a package deal while running. So I bought the essentials needed to run the tank. Once I got rid of the apex and all of the cable mess I felt a weight lift off of my shoulder. With so much wiring taking anything out became a hassle and I would dread doing it. I still did though because taking care of stuff I own is important to me.

Running a "simple" setup I still have no bites on anyone interested in the tank. Which I was fine with me after I learned how much easier it was to deal with. Keep the few pumps I have clean, trim some chaeto, feed the fish and do some water changes! Lastly I do consider the fish and corals I have as pets and it's hard for me to feel like they would have a better home anywhere else other than under my care!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... this morning I go in to change my pinky floss. I immediately notice my return chamber is low. 1/2 a gallon or more low! I use the Tunze ATO and it’s been dead on for a few years. I reset the controller and it immediately started to auto fill. Once it hit the sensor it stopped. Not sure why it did this. Any suggestions?

F191F1F9-800F-4926-B657-EECEBFE5022D.png

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up @Scurvy. The introduction video for this project has been out for a few days and it is exciting.
@Scurvy beat me to it! Redsea sponsored his built and he has everything Redsea has to offer!

The honest answer about the equipment - I was going to get out of the hobby. I knew I wasn't going to get rid of the tank in a package deal while running. So I bought the essentials needed to run the tank. Once I got rid of the apex and all of the cable mess I felt a weight lift off of my shoulder. With so much wiring taking anything out became a hassle and I would dread doing it. I still did though because taking care of stuff I own is important to me.

Running a "simple" setup I still have no bites on anyone interested in the tank. Which I was fine with me after I learned how much easier it was to deal with. Keep the few pumps I have clean, trim some chaeto, feed the fish and do some water changes! Lastly I do consider the fish and corals I have as pets and it's hard for me to feel like they would have a better home anywhere else other than under my care!
@pelphrey I know how you mean about the cable mess I working on one myself. I've got a separate cabinet for 90% of my electronics with two Marine Depot controller boards and possibly I'll get a third. There's still a cable mess with all that!!!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... this morning I go in to change my pinky floss. I immediately notice my return chamber is low. 1/2 a gallon or more low! I use the Tunze ATO and it’s been dead on for a few years. I reset the controller and it immediately started to auto fill. Once it hit the sensor it stopped. Not sure why it did this. Any suggestions?

F191F1F9-800F-4926-B657-EECEBFE5022D.png
Has it been a while since you've cleaned the sensor? Mine will get crud on it over time and a soft brush should do the trick.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up @Scurvy. The introduction video for this project has been out for a few days and it is exciting.

@pelphrey I know how you mean about the cable mess I working on one myself. I've got a separate cabinet for 90% of my electronics with two Marine Depot controller boards and possibly I'll get a third. There's still a cable mess with all that!!!

I have a separate cabinet I built. It was just a terrible mess, zip ties made it worse! Hahaa

Has it been a while since you've cleaned the sensor? Mine will get crud on it over time and a soft brush should do the trick.

I’ve cleaned it once in 3.5 years! Haha it’s worked fine since I rebooted the controller. But I will be brushing it off just in case!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently say a post on the #askrealreefers Facebook page on magnetic cleaners. I used to keep my Tunze in the tank, it’s been out for months now. But, it was still dirty! A little vinegar and water and it’s like new!

83CC40A1-3E10-4BC0-B966-A49A83B3F71B.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back