Diamond Goby Dying!

John.Thompson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found my diamond goby sideways and thought it was dead. Come to find it breathing when I hold it upright. I have it in a small container to isolate and I put a small amount of food in the water. I recently put new fish and coral into HIS home. Could this be stress??? Anyway to fix? Help!!!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found my diamond goby sideways and thought it was dead. Come to find it breathing when I hold it upright. I have it in a small container to isolate and I put a small amount of food in the water. I recently put new fish and coral into HIS home. Could this be stress??? Anyway to fix? Help!!!
Take out the food. In a small container, you don't want anything that will degrade the water quality

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you just restart your tank? What are the parameters? How long has it been cycled? What else is in the tank? Did you quarantine this fish and/or any new additions?
Is this still the 5 gallon tank? Minimum recommended tank size for a diamond goby is 20 gallons...

Last edited:
OP
OP
John.Thompson

John.Thompson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you just restart your tank? What are the parameters? How long has it been cycled? What else is in the tank? Did you quarantine this fish and/or any new additions?
Is this still the 5 gallon tank? Minimum recommended tank size for a diamond goby is 20 gallons...
Thanks for remembering about me. I took cycled water into a bigger 25 gallon tank. Been up and healthy with clownfish for about a month I believe I didn’t quarantine fish but did dip corals.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for remembering about me. I took cycled water into a bigger 25 gallon tank. Been up and healthy with clownfish for about a month I believe I didn’t quarantine fish but did dip corals.
We still need a lot more info about your tank before anyone can help you with the goby...
Water from a cycled tank does not have very much nitrifying bacteria, so if that's all you did to "cycle" your new tank and it's only been up a month, you're still going too fast...

OP
OP
John.Thompson

John.Thompson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We still need a lot more info about your tank before anyone can help you with the goby...
Water from a cycled tank does not have very much nitrifying bacteria, so if that's all you did to "cycle" your new tank and it's only been up a month, you're still going too fast...
This tank alone has been up a month. Overall has been about 4 months. Everything else has been great including a large amount of coral and 6 other fish, cucumber, and inverts.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We need a lot more information, here is a link to some tips about posting a fish disease problem report"

Jay

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does its jaw looks bruised?

I lost 2 diamond gobies during quarantine because the tank was small and they were very skittish.

They both died by being scared by movement in the room and bolting so fast in the glass that they broke their jaw. Immediately after, their mouth were all bruised, could not eat anymore, and died a couple days later.

My 3rd one was a bit bigger and way calmer, and made it easily through quarantine.

Back