Diamond Goby

AC0DX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone with a Diamond Goby experienced it making you water "lightly cloudy" as it shifts sand? Does this calm down as he shifts the sand a few times?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cloudy issue will end soon but you would likely face bigger issue with that Diamond Goby in long run if you planning to keep corals in your tank. :)

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got one in my tank but now kind of wanna give him away to my LPS, it grow really fast and he really mess up my sand also if you place any frag on sand it will flip or mess around after a night so if can i won’t rather have it. That my experience

cgdcinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone with a Diamond Goby experienced it making you water "lightly cloudy" as it shifts sand? Does this calm down as he shifts the sand a few times?

Goes away as he filters the sand bed. Mine is one of the coolest hard working fish in my tank.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is that? I thought he was reef safe.

They are reef safe. They just have a tendency to get a little carried away with sand excavation. They may bury frags places in the sand bed. But for the most part I️ would not run a tank with sand without one of these guys.

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are reef safe. They just have a tendency to get a little carried away with sand excavation. They may bury frags places in the sand bed. But for the most part I️ would not run a tank with sand without one of these guys.

I love and hate watching mine. He's fun to watch. But I never know what will be buried next; and rocks are not out of the scope of decorating. I've had to dig out a rock flower nem more than once.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine decorates with frag plugs and empty shells around his borough. I've got a love/hate relationship with him. He wants to spit sand on anything on his side of the tank. He mounds the sand on the other side of the rock his borough hole is on. He will scoop sand from a corner and mound it on the backside of his rock, to the point the bottom gets picked bare and the rockwork is completely buried. Obviously I can't place corals anywhere near his hole. I've got a digi that was there before him that has taken a ton of abuse, but is still hanging on. I spread the sand back with a spatula nightly, but like Sysiphus, he pushes that sand back on his rock during the day.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love and hate watching mine. He's fun to watch. But I never know what will be buried next; and rocks are not out of the scope of decorating. I've had to dig out a rock flower nem more than once.
Haha I cant count haw many time i have to dig out Shrooms, Acans, Zoas :)
Mine decorates with frag plugs and empty shells around his borough. I've got a love/hate relationship with him. He wants to spit sand on anything on his side of the tank. He mounds the sand on the other side of the rock his borough hole is on. He will scoop sand from a corner and mound it on the backside of his rock, to the point the bottom gets picked bare and the rockwork is completely buried. Obviously I can't place corals anywhere near his hole. I've got a digi that was there before him that has taken a ton of abuse, but is still hanging on. I spread the sand back with a spatula nightly, but like Sysiphus, he pushes that sand back on his rock during the day.

Yea mine made the whole rock work collapse one day while i was at work. I came home and didn't see him. I fed the tank and still no sign. His burrow was collapsed and all of the rocks on that side had fallen. I was watching the tank thinking to myself i had lost another one. All of the sudden i watched the sand where his entrance used to be start to move. I figured the manderain had swam near it. It just kept slowly falling under the rock like a sinkhole. Then i see a massive "Eruption" out of that spot. Sand going everywhere. When the dust settled i peered over their and Poof, out come the little guys head. Literally the saddest, scariest, happiest, funniest moment i have had with my reef.

OP
OP
AC0DX

AC0DX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The firefish have moved into one of his burrows.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back