Diatoms vs sand dwelling corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
93
Reaction score
3
Location
Gulf coast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do diatoms on sand effect sand dwelling corals? For example plate coral, chalice, and open brain types
 
They won't reside on the corals. Only there to eat out the silicates in the water, they generally don't happen onto the corals, that I've seen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new