Diefs 120 Peninsula

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, best I could do with all the yuck in our frag/QT tank :confused-face:
Also, the bubbles retracted after messing with things around it....
20220513_185245.jpg
20220513_185355.jpg
20220513_185601.jpg
20220513_185821.jpg
20220513_190729.jpg
Picture 3 looks like it's getting the same texture as mama

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think I see a mouth in the little one, however the big one is at too much of an angle for me to see.. But it does look like it's growing towards the light, so that's a good sign!
Darn, I may have to try that scoly trick on one of my Cynarina to grow my broodstock! It should be able to work, since they are related, but I don't know if I want to try it yet...

Picture 3 looks like it's getting the same texture as mama
Rich is still not convinced that it's babies :upside-down-face::zany-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworm exit will take care of the platys in the 2nd pic. @Lost in the Sauce and I have recently successfully battled and won.

Siphon out as many as you can first. Yeti straw with silicone end works great shoved into some hose.

Yup then treat... I recommend 2x the recommended dosage. Make sure you turn carbon off during treatment. Wait about 2 or 3 hrs before turning back on
Rich is going try to take care of it all today. He had the Salk mix tank pulled out to clean it and then had to go get another cortisone injection in his neck so he's been outta commission for the last week. I really hope it's not too out of control :crying-face:

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich is going try to take care of it all today. He had the Salk mix tank pulled out to clean it and then had to go get another cortisone injection in his neck so he's been outta commission for the last week. I really hope it's not too out of control :crying-face:
Text me if you guys need any advice on those platys while removing. I've become a pro...

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworm exit will take care of the platys in the 2nd pic. @Lost in the Sauce and I have recently successfully battled and won.

Siphon out as many as you can first. Yeti straw with silicone end works great shoved into some hose.

Yup then treat... I recommend 2x the recommended dosage. Make sure you turn carbon off during treatment. Wait about 2 or 3 hrs before turning back on

Text me if you guys need any advice on those platys while removing. I've become a pro...

Thank you for all the help!! Not sure i'm going to fight them to much. My plan is to get all the coral out of that qt and move to another tank for a week before we pull them and place in the dt's. I want to reboot that frag tank because of all the algae and aiptasia. Time for a boom on that tank and all the equipment in it!

Should be able to get all the platys of the corals and plugs with just a ro dip correct?

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think I see a mouth in the little one, however the big one is at too much of an angle for me to see.. But it does look like it's growing towards the light, so that's a good sign!
Darn, I may have to try that scoly trick on one of my Cynarina to grow my broodstock! It should be able to work, since they are related, but I don't know if I want to try it yet...
I'm going to get more pics and try to clean up that plug as well when I move over to the new holding tank this week.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the help!! Not sure i'm going to fight them to much. My plan is to get all the coral out of that qt and move to another tank for a week before we pull them and place in the dt's. I want to reboot that frag tank because of all the algae and aiptasia. Time for a boom on that tank and all the equipment in it!

Should be able to get all the platys of the corals and plugs with just a ro dip correct?
I would be using Bayer as the dip, not ro. Blowing all coral with a baster in the solution, aggressively scrubbing all disks to remove any possible eggs.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I look at it, the more I think that the bubbles are not babies, but growths like a bounce mushroom has. I've seen a bunch of different corals grow bounces in the past (Montipora and echinophora as the highlights), so it isn't impossible. I have seen bounces that are the same pasty white color as these on numerous shrooms and even some LPS, so for now that's my stance. A picture of the coral retracted could change my mind lol

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The eggs are the problem.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys,
is that growth possibly a sponge/tunicate ??
seems like below tissue line ??
very interesting... ;) :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back