What could cause this?
20180916_142408.jpg

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any number of things. What are the tank parameters,? How old is your setup? What lights and schedule, etc.
We need more information to begin with to be able to help you to our best experience.
Post up all that you can about your setup, and we'll try our collective best to get you some answers

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any number of things. What are the tank parameters,? How old is your setup? What lights and schedule, etc.
We need more information to begin with to be able to help you to our best experience.
Post up all that you can about your setup, and we'll try our collective best to get you some answers
Alk around 7.5
Cal around 400
Mag around 1000

Pho around 1, a little high
Nitrate around 30 very high but shouldn't cause that

This particular tank is about 4 months old but it was all transferred from a year old tank.

Edit

Lights are black boxes
Blues on 12 hours at about 50 percent
Whites on 10 hours at about 25 percent

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Phosphate is indeed a bit high. Generally, but not always, the ratio of Phosphate to Nitrate should be about 1/5.
This could indeed have an affect.
Also, depending on the Alk the that particular coral came from, your Alk may be slightly low.
SPS love stability. Perfect water parameters aren't 100% required, but stability is.
Worst case, cut the coral above the tissue recession and glue it to another frag plug and hope for the best.
Digi are relatively hardy, so with a little tlc, it may pull through.

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Phosphate is indeed a bit high. Generally, but not always, the ratio of Phosphate to Nitrate should be about 1/5.
This could indeed have an affect.
Also, depending on the Alk the that particular coral came from, your Alk may be slightly low.
SPS love stability. Perfect water parameters aren't 100% required, but stability is.
Worst case, cut the coral above the tissue recession and glue it to another frag plug and hope for the best.
Digi are relatively hardy, so with a little tlc, it may pull through.
My other's are fine. My one acro is fine and my playing montis. My lps all look excellent.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back