Digital inputs on old SMS module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning out some old stuff today and I found an old SMS module hidden away. Now no good (as a SMS module) however I noticed it has 4 sets of digital pins on the rear.

Can these be used as Digital High/Low (on/off) pins and link Processes to them? (like a cut down version of the PLM-ADIN)?

If not, what were they used for? The manual doesn't really say and the GSM network it operates on in AU was shutdown a long time ago.

Thanks in advance.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand - they are directly connected to the SMS module and create an alarm if an 24 V DC circuit is broken. I use them in one installation to indicate if an relay for a 400 V 3 phase pump was active or not. If the relay fall - the circuit was broken and an alarm was created from the SMS unit - do not remember if I got an alarm on the P3 on the same time. Do not think it can be used as an Add in card

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
No only SMS.
I use the digital input of SMS for warning (SMS) before true profilux alarme (mail + SMS + sound beep)
I have for example a level sensor a little lower than the normal level sensor of the skimmer and same thing on my water reserve.
I thus receive a sms for "skimmer soon full" or "RO tank soon empty"
Gael

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning out some old stuff today and I found an old SMS module hidden away. Now no good (as a SMS module) however I noticed it has 4 sets of digital pins on the rear.

Can these be used as Digital High/Low (on/off) pins and link Processes to them? (like a cut down version of the PLM-ADIN)?

If not, what were they used for? The manual doesn't really say and the GSM network it operates on in AU was shutdown a long time ago.

Thanks in advance.
Why is it no longer any good as an SMS module?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suitable GSM network no longer available in AU
Sorry to hear that. I wonder if GHL plans on making a new SMS module.
The power outage alert in 20 seconds and completely independent Alerts make it worth the price for me.

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year they were working on his successor but since the announcement of the IOND and especially the announcement of the future implementation of notifications, I do not know if this project is still active.
In any case, me the first, I am interested, I really want to keep my SMS module.

SMS-Module3_black_frontleft.jpg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year they were working on his successor but since the announcement of the IOND and especially the announcement of the future implementation of notifications, I do not know if this project is still active.
In any case, me the first, I am interested, I really want to keep my SMS module.

SMS-Module3_black_frontleft.jpg
That is a cool looking piece of kit!
I suspect that they are probably going to roll that out soon and maybe that's why they probably stopped selling the 2G version. No doubts about it, SMS is the only totally reliable way to get Alarms. Everything else depends on your ISP and Electrical Power to be working.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect that they are probably going to roll that out soon and maybe that's why they probably stopped selling the 2G version.
The main reason for stopping the selling of the current SMS box is that it is no longer usable in more and more countries due to the shutdown of 2G networks.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main reason for stopping the selling of the current SMS box is that it is no longer usable in more and more countries due to the shutdown of 2G networks.
Yes which is really a shame because one 2G tower can cover 50 miles and the best part is that the signal can penetrate most concrete walls etc. much better than 3G. Of course the data is slow as heck but good enough for SMS texting and even Whatsapp chat etc. I know with 5G rolling out the plan seems to be to drop the 2G backup signal and phase over to 3G for backup.

Reuvenp9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
No only SMS.
I use the digital input of SMS for warning (SMS) before true profilux alarme (mail + SMS + sound beep)
I have for example a level sensor a little lower than the normal level sensor of the skimmer and same thing on my water reserve.
I thus receive a sms for "skimmer soon full" or "RO tank soon empty"
Gael
I'm waiting for you to release a new version. There is no substitute for text messaging.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back