Dinoflagellates, Diatoms, or Cyanobacteria?

Port75

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Winter Garden
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am sure this has been asked multiple times before, but I am new to the hobby and found different answers in my internet search.
Is this Dinoflagellates, Diatoms, or Cyanobacteria? How do I get rid of it? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I started this tank in March and started having this issue about a month ago. I added 3 bottles of Copepods a few months ago. I think I have enough rocks and used CaribSea Fiji Pink Live Reef Sand.
I do a 15-gallon water change weekly and make my water using only RODI and Reef Crystals.

Redsea 425XL 115 gallons (91 gallons display and 24 gallons sump).
Redsea ReefMat 500 (average 30 to 50 inches per day).
Skimmer Reef Octopus Elite 150-int.
2X EcoTech Marine Vortex MP40.
2X EcoTech Marine Radion XR15 G5 Blue.

2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Firefish
1 Hippo Tang
1 Damsel
1 PJ cardinal
1Banggai Cardinalfish
1 Blueband Goby
1 Randalls Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
A few snails and scarlet red and blue crabs.

Daily feed with Ocean Nutrition Formula One Pallets in the AM and frozen Mycis PM.
Running lights 8 hours per day.

Salinity 1.025
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0
PH 7.9
Calcium 413
Alkalinity 7
Magnesium 1373














IMG_5401.JPG
IMG_5402.JPG
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5394.MOV
    7.4 MB
  • IMG_5395.MOV
    7.1 MB
  • IMG_5398.MOV
    6.8 MB
Last edited:
Just a guess from the pics; yes, yes, and yes...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new