Dinoflagellates my experience......h2o2 reefing tool!!!!!

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 15+ acans in my tank didn't have a problem and I dosed on the higher side the last dose I did the other night though I would blame for taking out 15"+ colony of pom pom Xenia but hey more room for stix right? But yeah I'd blame it on that because it was almost instantly after I dosed, it withered up! But I had dosed for a week before this without any problems so who know maybe there a threshold as to how many doses you can do
(hey Troy you said you're dosing a bunch of things everyday could you pm me your routine!??) Im a dosing addict!

Ricordea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can tell you,is this acan was about 5 years in the tank.Now some of these acans will bail out for known reasons.So not sure "if" this a direct link,with H2HO......But the other guy mentioned this also?This is what happen to me?Yes have zoo's,favia,and only 1 stick.....I got totally burn out with the acros,after having them for 15 years.It might effect the corals that have very soft tissue,as for acans I just don't know.But me having high end $$$$ acans I didn't want to cause more harm,than good.I thought where on RC chemistry forum,someone asked about using this stuff.And they said don't do it?Maybe a weaker ratio would be better off?

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small 20 gallon tank that was housing all of my corals that was completely infested with copepods and amphipods. I've noticed the population is much smaller now. No fish or anything in there to eat them...

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about the Peroxide. Is this the same stuff that is sold in any grocery store?

"Z"

cody6766

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have any luck with my peroxide treatment. I went around 2 weeks and went another route. I noticed a drop off around up to about 4 days, then they returned to normal levels. I stopped dosing and decided to try raising the pH and blacking out the tank. Hopefully that takes them out.

eswebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so 4 days in and not working one bit..... must only be effective for a certain strain. Time for lights out. Any other suggestions?

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I dipped frag plugs with corals for 30 seconds in a h2o2 dip and it kills the algae fast!!! Once you put it in your tank you will see the stuff just fall off... I didn't try any softies but he told me there good to go... Just fizz like crazy
For a minute lol..
i did monitor it and the
Ph held steady at 8.4 day and night... I was topping off with kalk thou so I think that is what kept it up and stable... I'm gonna keep it at for another week or so and see how it plays out but my ph is rock solid according to my controller and the
Probe is also new and calibrated so I know it's accurate...

was the H202 straight in the dip or was it an ingredient in the dip?

raymond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow if i ever have another outbreak, wich im sure i will someday, im give this a try nice to find other ways to deal with the problems, expecially the red algea

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone who has tried this have any inverts or fish in their tank? i was just wondering if the h202 would have any effect on them

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt work for me in my zoa tank and I took it to the extreme and add 3/4 a bottle at one time bc I was irritated and although no zoas died it also had absolutely no effect on my GHA and thats with HEAVY dosing lol

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldnt see why. i dont think i would dip them directly in it.

not for direct dipping more for adding into the tank, i just know alot of inverts are really sensitive, ive got a peppermint shrimp, golden coral banded shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, 4-5 porcelain crabs, and the scallop

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i dipped my plugs , zoas mushrooms and acans and it worked great thanks for the info... im currently on day 2 of the tank dosing (fingers crossed it works) so ill keep you posted... great thread

flatlander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this? Seems most are not getting the results that the op did. I have tried multiple blackouts with no luck so not real excited about reefing any more. Worst thing to ever happen to my reef for sure.

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually had good results with this i took a few more days than the first guy, i think a 9 days total, but i didn't do the black out until a couple days in. i think if i had done it earlier i would have had it done faster. i have a 45 gal and i didn't factor in the rocks (on purpose) i figured a little extra wouldn't hurt so i used 4.5ml daily. it cleared up about 2 days ago but i still dosed the last two days, however im not dosing it today

sorry to hear about your reef...

Back