Dinoflagellates my experience......h2o2 reefing tool!!!!!

I think I have both:(
Breakthecycle2, I ve seen you had good results with mb7! I want to try!
What was your alk level? Success, only with mb7 and raising alk?
Thanks! I hope this will work!
 
Last edited:
Cyano is the stringy slimy looking stuff. Diatoms are fluffy? Hmm bad explanation lol. Try googling images of brown algae and follow the link to the page. Maybe you can get a description there?
 
If they seem to go away when the lights are out and there are bubbles atached. ...def dinos
 
Still probably dinos....I've been at war with them for a few months....seems the more mature ones show bubbles at the tips....if it's brown snot that seems to go away after a night of darkness it's probably dino....they release and free swim in the water column at night.....red tide and bioluminescence at night in the ocean is often caused by dinos....kinda cool but not something we want in our tanks
 
No...diatoms are not the same...some strains carry toxins which when die can cause harm.....they're in the same family as zoozantyellae (pardon spelling) which is the same thing that lives inside our corals that makes them photosynthetic
 
It's a tough battle. ...I've been dosing hydrogen peroxide, keeping pH up, going days of darkness and not doing water changes....aorry far so good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new