• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Disappointed in Bulk Reef Supply

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must start by saying I have had great experiences with BRS in the past. BRS also gives back to the community through education. I have learned so much from their videos and probably owe alot of the successes ive had with my tank to what I have learned from their videos. That being said the las order I made through them had been super frustrating. On Oct 19th I received an order of Aquaforest 123, some reagents for alk tester, some glue, a salifert nitrate test kit, and some flipper blades. Package arrived all thrown in one box that was barely holding together. The Aquaforest 123 must be about 30-40lbs of liquid and had beat up evething else packaged with it. Would have been very easy when packing to put all the little items in a separate box before placing in the lare box with the Aquaforest, most likely everything would have arrived in decent shape. The large box that everything was shipped in also was not reinforced with tape around the edges, so there were multiple holes in the bottom of my box. The flipper blades were missing, most likely fell out of one of the large holes on the bottom. The contents of the salifet test kit were not in their box either and the spoon for measuring the powder was MIA. That night Oct 19th I sent a email along with photos to BRS customer support and figured I would hear back promptly. Didnt hear back for a few days so I decided to call on Oct. 22nd thinking possibly they did not receive my email or it was just missed. Spoke with someone and he apologized and adked that I send the same email directly to his work email and he would take care of it asap. A few days go by so i call again on Oct. 25th. They guy I speak to this time says I see that the last person you spoke with made a note but was working in the warehouse today so he would handle it himself and asks if I can send him a copy of the email so I do. Today is now Nov. 1st and I have yet to hear any response from BRS and have already chalked up the flipper blades up as a loss. I was able to get a measuring spoon for the test kit from a buddy so got that covered. I will definitely be reconsidering who I order from in the future.
644430FA-F39A-4ECF-8497-9AD77510427D.jpeg
A360B521-302F-499B-9FF9-D5BAB1A0AF1E.jpeg
5D9DE1BA-A712-4F9C-BBE1-1D2A5FA03B39.jpeg

4F655165-2308-496D-979B-F6B8997D0A35.jpeg

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must start by saying I have had great experiences with BRS in the past. BRS also gives back to the community through education. I have learned so much from their videos and probably owe alot of the successes ive had with my tank to what I have learned from their videos. That being said the las order I made through them had been super frustrating. On Oct 19th I received an order of Aquaforest 123, some reagents for alk tester, some glue, a salifert nitrate test kit, and some flipper blades. Package arrived all thrown in one box that was barely holding together. The Aquaforest 123 must be about 30-40lbs of liquid and had beat up evething else packaged with it. Would have been very easy when packing to put all the little items in a separate box before placing in the lare box with the Aquaforest, most likely everything would have arrived in decent shape. The large box that everything was shipped in also was not reinforced with tape around the edges, so there were multiple holes in the bottom of my box. The flipper blades were missing, most likely fell out of one of the large holes on the bottom. The contents of the salifet test kit were not in their box either and the spoon for measuring the powder was MIA. That night Oct 19th I sent a email along with photos to BRS customer support and figured I would hear back promptly. Didnt hear back for a few days so I decided to call on Oct. 22nd thinking possibly they did not receive my email or it was just missed. Spoke with someone and he apologized and adked that I send the same email directly to his work email and he would take care of it asap. A few days go by so i call again on Oct. 25th. They guy I speak to this time says I see that the last person you spoke with made a note but was working in the warehouse today so he would handle it himself and asks if I can send him a copy of the email so I do. Today is now Nov. 1st and I have yet to hear any response from BRS and have already chalked up the flipper blades up as a loss. I was able to get a measuring spoon for the test kit from a buddy so got that covered. I will definitely be reconsidering who I order from in the future.

Hey there,

I'm so sorry that our response to your order issues have been such a headache and I can absolutely guarantee that this is not how we support our customers. I'm digging into the issue as we speak with out customer service team and we'll definitely have this resolved today. Can you please send me a PM with your account information so I can have the CS team lead look you up and give you a call? I have no doubts Jason will have this resolved immediately.

Thanks,
Randy

OP
OP
OREGONIC

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @randyBRS , Jason reached out to me via email this morning and provided me a direct number at which I can reach him. I will give him a call at some point this morning when I get a moment that I can step away from my work. Hopefully this can be resolved. Like I stated in my original post BRS had always been great to work with prior to this incident, and I owe a lot of my tank success to the educational videos that BRS produces and the products sold. I truly hope that this is just a small bump in the road as I would love to continue to support BRS for the foreseeable future.

OP
OP
OREGONIC

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoke with Jason this afternoon, he was super helpful and has completely resolved the issue. He apologized for it getting to the point that it did and is going to look into making changes on their end to help ensure issues like this don’t happen to others in the future. I even received a shipping confirmation already for the flipper blades that were MIA. Thank you @randyBRS and Jason!

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoke with Jason this afternoon, he was super helpful and has completely resolved the issue. He apologized for it getting to the point that it did and is going to look into making changes on their end to help ensure issues like this don’t happen to others in the future. I even received a shipping confirmation already for the flipper blades that were MIA. Thank you @randyBRS and Jason!

Awesome! So glad we got this fixed for you. :)

-Randy

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friendly reminder that in the Feedback section we only allow posts between the originator and the vendor. For negative feedback from other users, you are more than welcome to start your own feedback thread. Those wanting to make positive comments may also make a feedback thread or post in that vendors forum.
Thank you.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back