dixiedog's 29 peninsula

dixiedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! New guy here ... thought I'd share my new creation, born July 25, 2009.

I "downgraded" from a 75 last year. I wanted something clean and compact, with maximum viewing potential on at least three sides, with my Lazyboy throne being front and center, so when I've had a couple drinks I can still sit and focus up close. :tongue:

The tank separates the dining room from the living room. I wanted to keep it clean and uncluttered, lots of flow (about 55x), semi-minimalist aquascape, with no rock touching the glass, and room for a mag float (as a minimum) all the way around. I drilled the bottom at the one end and made a top-to-bottom smoked-glass overflow and Herbie drain.

Sump is a 10 gallon with no (room for a) fuge. I run a Mag 7 return pump, Octopus 110 and a Vortech MP10. Lighting is provided by a 4x24 TEK fixture, with 2x Blue Plus bulbs, one Fiji purple and one UVL Aquasun.

I am not currently dosing anything. I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt, and do 10% WC's weekly. My big 3 params have been staying in line so far.

Occupants currently include a McCosker's flasher wrasse, a tailspot blenny, a false perc and a neon goby. I have an all-snail CUC with no shrimp or crabs. Corals are predominately SPS so far ... top of my wish list is a Maxima clam.

Enough talk!! Here are the pics!!

2hzsg1e.jpg

ou1t1f.jpg

w89b3r.jpg

oan4g8.jpg

wtiwpd.jpg

Back