DIY help/question pt 2 hood/canopy

fyrfytr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my thought is to put LEDs in my not yet build (see other threads) tank. Since I have kids (and I have seem what has happened in the past to freshwater tanks that I have had close to his level milk, cheetos, ect) I am going to build a hood/canopy for my tank. My tank will be fish only until I have what I feel is enough saltwater experience to be able to put corals and other cool things in it, so I want to only put together lighting ONCE...so I want to do it right, but at the right price too.

I have looked through some of the DIY threads, gosh there is a lot of helpful people here and lots of awesome stuff, but I kinda got overwhelmed. Can someone link/point/smack/steer me in the right direction for some canopy/hood threads or ideas or build plans? Any help or inspiration will be much appreciated. Hope to have it all done for fish swimming Christmas Eve after he goes to bed (not sure where the heck I am gonna keep them till then, maybe in the tank but behind a sheet so the tank can "work" or some lame excuse a 3yr old will swallow hook line and sinker (pun intended)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back