diy top down box....

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the delay guys this should have done last week along with my tank :( no more posting on here all day and night i don't get nothing done...lol anywho i just came to work a hour early to knock these out for the winners of the contest last week and doing a thread for the rest of ya to make your own...... going to cut the materials now and snap some pics..... be back in a little while....1smile1

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet going to be watching this with much interest! Thanks Troylee!!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got all the material cut to make 6 boxes one for each of the 4 qualifiers one for the boss "rev" and one for myself lol....
This is what they will be for inquiring minds....
Complete write up coming in a little bit... One box is complete...1smile1 not bad for 20 min lol...
Cut all the material and made one...;)
8fefcc94.jpg

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Lee, looking forward to the details.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made one of these a while back,to make the viewing clearer I used acrylic on the sides and glass on the bottom. But im 99percent sure Troylee's will look 10 times better than mine,lol.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sitting on my desk at work... these will all be finished tomorrow along with the thread... i will ship them Thursday i hope or Monday i got a very busy fri-sun but no doubt there going out....1smile1.. okay if ya need be ill be in the garage i got 4 tanks to build...:(

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great Lee! Looks alot better than my ghetto lookdown box I made out a 6" PVC coupling and some 1/8" acrylic attached with Weldon. For a while I was using a small tupperware container with a flat bottom as a look down box. lol

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy they are looking good man!! Very excited about this...and i cant say thank you enough for your generosity.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1000 to all the above comments! Troylee is the man with the acrylic plan! Thanks again!!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna finish them here in a few...;) I'm off tomorrow through Sunday for the monsterjam world finals here in Vegas I spoiled my son this year with the big all exclusive package!!! We get to go to qualifying tomorrow and have dinner with the drivers and ride in the trucks etc... My boy has been obsessed with monster trucks since he was 2yrs old "9 now" and we haven't missed a show yet but this year I did the intimate dealio should be a good time...1smile1

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy they are looking good man!! Very excited about this...and i cant say thank you enough for your generosity.

+many. i will definitely have to donate my current top down box to either a fellow reefer or to the trash can...it's that bad! plus it's like 2" x 3"

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonna finish them here in a few...;) i'm off tomorrow through sunday for the monsterjam world finals here in vegas i spoiled my son this year with the big all exclusive package!!! We get to go to qualifying tomorrow and have dinner with the drivers and ride in the trucks etc... My boy has been obsessed with monster trucks since he was 2yrs old "9 now" and we haven't missed a show yet but this year i did the intimate dealio should be a good time...1smile1

ride in the trucks!!! Sweet!!!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys pretty simple anyone can do this!!!
Materials
Weldon 3 or 4 or 16 pick your poison..
Clear plex 1/8" thick
1/8" black plex

First cut your clear to 4"x6" then cut some 2" strips of black and cut 2 pieces at 3.75" long and 2 pieces 6" long...
Glue a 6" strip of black on one side of the clear followed by the 2 sides cut at 3.75" and fish the box with the last 6" piece glued on the last side...after a few hours run them around a router to flush cut any over hangs and you got a nice little box.... Sorry it's so vague these are super simple... Lol

1fc9f488.jpg

673da4aa.jpg

b4261fc5.jpg

9558ca88.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys I have been swamped I work at 4am get off go straight to my kids school pick them up and take my son to baseball till 8 at night 3 days a week and the other 3 days my daughters have dance and tutoring....:( Sunday is my only day off and the post office ain't open... Right now my son is sick " no baseball" so tomorrow I can ship them priority mail you guys will have them by Friday... Sorry for the delay...:( there coming thou you got my word...

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys I have been swamped I work at 4am get off go straight to my kids school pick them up and take my son to baseball till 8 at night 3 days a week and the other 3 days my daughters have dance and tutoring....:( Sunday is my only day off and the post office ain't open... Right now my son is sick " no baseball" so tomorrow I can ship them priority mail you guys will have them by Friday... Sorry for the delay...:( there coming thou you got my word...

Troy - No worries man!! Life takes precedent to everything else and it sounds like you have a pretty full schedule. I just figured we havent heard anything so i was on the look out for them. Take your time man...i truely appreciate it!
Hope your son feels better!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back