Minhaj Qazi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers. Its been few weeks i was Searching for some details on a DIY Wave Box , but couldnt find simple detailed making procedure specially on youtube or r2r. Therefore I decided to Try to make one myself with Hit and Trial and It Worked Wonderfully. Here are some details
1. Using a Used Jebao SW-15 Wave Maker which has its own Controller therefore no exclusive controller is needed.
2. All You need is a , minimum SW-15 powered wave-maker as smaller will not work as i experienced with RW-4 etc>
3. A simple 4x4x11 Acrylic is needed to cut , Glue and make a Wave Box>
4. You can Find Detailed Video on Youtube at my Youtube Channel " MQReef " or Full Make Video at Link
5. Search Youtube for DIY Wave Box in Reef Tank
6. I Admire Jebao for making such a powerful pump and budget option for us.

20220113_170345.jpg Reef 14 Jan.jpg

Attachments

• wavebox.mp4
    15.5 MB
OP
OP
Minhaj Qazi

Minhaj Qazi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised these wave boxes fell out of style over the years. I recently grabbed a used tunze 6208 and I feel like it's one of the best purchases I've made yet.

Great job on the DIY. Really looks much nicer than the tunze...and way cheaper!
Thx. Its Acryclic and Make Costed me only 4 $.
And Its Working at 80% power as i have a weak Top Bracing.

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shame they don't just sell the box and add your own SW-15
i bet you could get an acrylic shop to make one of these boxes for 30-40 bucks. just gotta tell them the diameter and location of the pump hole.

in fact i’m gonna reach out to mine and get a quote >:D

congrats on the newsletter feature, OP!

OP
OP
Minhaj Qazi

Minhaj Qazi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bet you could get an acrylic shop to make one of these boxes for 30-40 bucks. just gotta tell them the diameter and location of the pump hole.

in fact i’m gonna reach out to mine and get a quote >:D

congrats on the newsletter feature, OP!
Thx. Box Even lesser then 5$ imo. Just cut and glue yourself if u wana save more. Thats why i have shared cutting glueing details.
Happy Reefing

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you can achieve the same results by making a smaller version of that for people with smaller tanks.

OP
OP
Minhaj Qazi

Minhaj Qazi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you can achieve the same results by making a smaller version of that for people with smaller tanks.
I have made a smaller version and its with RW4 Jebao in my Cube running. But Jebao Rw4 or 6 is too small to push enough water out. One can use min RW8 atleast for Cube.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made a smaller version and its with RW4 Jebao in my Cube running. But Jebao Rw4 or 6 is too small to push enough water out. One can use min RW8 atleast for Cube.

but can the wave box itself be smaller and still get the same effect?

RazorRamon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to buy one of these premade. I wonder how much they’d charge or if tunze has a patent on it that would make it illegal to sell

kagisexton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I heard the patent on the wave box would be out soon. If so, I hope someone jumps on making a more affordable version. I love Tunze but can’t see why their wavebox cost so much.

OP
OP
Minhaj Qazi

Minhaj Qazi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I heard the patent on the wave box would be out soon. If so, I hope someone jumps on making a more affordable version. I love Tunze but can’t see why their wavebox cost so much.
in diy there is no tunze pump involved so no patent issues. rest its only an acrylic box. how we use our gear is our domain

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back