Do corals deficate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gellisjr1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gellisjr1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2023
Messages
213
Reaction score
129
Location
Schenectady
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I ask is if you look at my attached photo. My plate coral has this stuff coming out of it's mouth that to me looks like poo.

20240720_195555.jpg
 
This is why reefers are careful about how much food they feed their tanks. It can all contribute to the “Ugly phase.”

jurassic park deal with it GIF
 
I went fishless a few years ago and noticed so much detritus and waste in my socks. I thought the tank would be cleaner with no fish. So I say yes… corals deficate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new