Do Masked Angel nip at corals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevenlu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stevenlu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
574
Reaction score
247
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I'm looking to add masked angel Genicanthus Personatus. To my understanding the Genicanthus family is safe with corals. Anyone knows?

Thanks for the help.
 
Wow, sorry not sure? But good luck that’s a beautiful fish!
 
Entirely reef safe
 
The reason is that angels of the species genicanthus are zooplanktivores and therefore don't eat corals
 
Yes. They are reef safe. Genicanthus are. I have a pair of Bellus in my 150 and they have never touched anything. Clams, softies, lps, never looked at it. Awesome fish. You looking at the ones at TSM?
 
Yes. They are reef safe. Genicanthus are. I have a pair of Bellus in my 150 and they have never touched anything. Clams, softies, lps, never looked at it. Awesome fish. You looking at the ones at TSM?
Yes I wanted to reach out to Don. But I'm thinking if I can get one locally would be best. Wouldn't want to stress out that fish.
 
I wish i could afford a masked angel, right now I am wondering how Im going to fill my 200g with coral
 
Well then that one fish is worth 5x all the livestock i just ordered XD
 
Yes I wanted to reach out to Don. But I'm thinking if I can get one locally would be best. Wouldn't want to stress out that fish.
That’s where I got my pair. Hard to pay that without seeing them first, but I have yet to get anything there that was not top notch. Good luck. Post some pics if you get them.
 
I've seen one that nips at SPS. It works in a tank with a lot of SPS to spread out the nipping.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new