Do they have saltwater ICH

Joel2036

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just found some white bumps on my clown fish, I’ve had them less than a week and its starting to seem like they have ICH
I’ve done my best to take photos. I’ve heard of doing freshwater dips does anybody else recommend this ?
I don’t have a quantine tank or anywhere else to put them to treat with copper treatments as i have live rock and corals in the tank also

they both seem happy still and eating as normal.
Looks like tiny air bubbles on the sides of them if the photos don’t work

OP
OP
Joel2036

Joel2036

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just found some white bumps on my clown fish, I’ve had them less than a week and its starting to seem like they have ICH
I’ve done my best to take photos. I’ve heard of doing freshwater dips does anybody else recommend this ?
I don’t have a quantine tank or anywhere else to put them to treat with copper treatments as i have live rock and corals in the tank also

they both seem happy still and eating as normal.
Looks like tiny air bubbles on the sides of them if the photos don’t work

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photos not working but short answer yes. There is marine Ich Do your fish have it? I dunno maybe

I have heard FW dip for velvet can be helpful but won't do much for Ich.

Long answer but well worth the read.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ich-eradication-vs-ich-management.188775/

just a fyi Before you post you can preview to see if your photos and post is working as you would like.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! We are glad to have you here.

With Clownfish, we always worry about Brooklynella (aka Clownfish disease) as "early stage" Brook can present much like either Ich or Marine Velvet in the early progression of parasite infection.

Until you can get some pics posted, here's a thread with description, pics of the progression, and treatment options. And also the same for Ich. We are here to help! Lots of great info and great members!

Wc_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this and it worked perfectly haven’t seen ick since and it’s reef safe

image.jpg

OP
OP
Joel2036

Joel2036

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s some more, thanks for the replies I’ll have a read through those articles

5BA8B34D-4527-43EF-A47C-01D009CE5A05.jpeg 61EF6701-A7ED-4811-994D-5B253BA1BD51.jpeg

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks a bit more serious than ich. I would definitely start brook treatment as @Big G outline above. Possibly velvet?

OP
OP
Joel2036

Joel2036

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a 5 gallon bucket from a hardware store? That would do for a quarantine tank with a powerhead pointed up and a heater..
I can try to find a second hand tank today somewhere, should I set them up in that with some fresh salt water, I have an old filter I can possibly use to create some current and filtration (should I put some of my media from the DT into this filter)

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of containers will work as a quarantine tank. As long as it's salt water safe, clean without any chemicals/soaps and you can put a pump of some sort to keep the water agitated and warm with a drop in heater. You don't need filtration and media etc short term. But if you are going to go through the effort to QT the fish then you also need the proper tools and medications to treat the issue.

I am not an expert on fish disease so maybe some others can help with that. This thread should really be in the sick fish forum where it would get more of a response from members that know much more than I on this stuff.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back