Do we overlook flow?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good convo bro.

i just picked up a Jebao wavemaker pp 20 for my 75 today. I never use Jebao but it is on my budget build so I figured I would try it. I cannot report on coral obviously, but the fish had an immediate response to the pump. The tank has been up for a month with just the return pump. The wavemaker is a beast. On full mode the fish came alive swimming into the tide and flowing with it. Seemed a lot more natural than them just floating around and swimming in circles with little to no flow.

i let you know in a few months how the coral like it. I’m going to leave it set on fairly high setting.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good convo bro.

i just picked up a Jebao wavemaker pp 20 for my 75 today. I never use Jebao but it is on my budget build so I figured I would try it. I cannot report on coral obviously, but the fish had an immediate response to the pump. The tank has been up for a month with just the return pump. The wavemaker is a beast. On full mode the fish came alive swimming into the tide and flowing with it. Seemed a lot more natural than them just floating around and swimming in circles with little to no flow.

i let you know in a few months how the coral like it. I’m going to leave it set on fairly high setting.
Run it on Sine mode

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow is a funny one, because different corals can have vastly different needs. And by different, I mean individuals as much as species/genera.

I’m a lot less focused on sticking to the rules of flow velocity than I used to be. I’ve had enough acros doing really well in low flow and Euphyllias happy getting pounded to just start to make flow and coral placement adjustments based on how the individual coral looks rather than what kind of flow it’s supposed to be in.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks to this thread I think I'm going to finally address a low flow area in my tank by adding another small pump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back