Do you clean your over flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chris124
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chris124

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
402
Reaction score
75
Location
nc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has a internal over flow with the pipes in the bottom of the tank. I have some algae growing in the over flow and was thinking about covering the top of the over flow to prevent light from getting in. The canopy makes it hard to get to the over flow for cleaning.
 
Tried to put my urchin in there to help with the algae and slime but he got stuck in the pipe :(.
 
I used to clean in monthly. I put a towel over it so the light can't get to it and it stays sparkly clean!. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner because it made life a little easier.
 
I did today its spotless looks like new.
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1394841810772.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394841810772.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 145

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new