• Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said yes I definitely have a super power it's called PAY PAL anything I want I can just hit PAY PAL!!!!! SEE ITS MY POWER! L.O.L. this pandemic cost me way to much upgrading my reef tank. Dame, Pay Pal account is now up to $5,000 in upgrading a few new tank toys.. yep its my super power the power of Click!!!! L.O.L.

Jlew766

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted yes. My super power is taking what seems like a perfectly stable system all doing well and then I feel like I can do a little better and add a little of this and a little of that and like David Copperfield to the empire state building. Poof.... all the coral is dead and replaced with nuisance algea.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never say I'm good at something I'm NOT GOOD AT, but clearly I have some SOLID SKILLS on this topic.

1. My SUPER POWER is cultivating CYANO in my tank.

2. I wish I had to Power to make it go away. (1 year of Cyano success is time to move on to other skills, and a better looking tank.)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. My reefing superpower is that I cannot grow nuisance algae. No green hair, bubble, diatoms, red slime, cyano, etc. Nothing bad has shown up in my tanks for 2 years.
2. I would love an SPS coral superpower. One day...

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am the incredible can’t leave things alone man!!!
Ahhh, you have the same Super Power I have...{ Make-A-Change-Time Power!! } ,

...and I'm even worse....whenever things start doing well, I double up on the changes to make things even better.

The oppposite happens because Reef Tanks like Stability...and Hands OUT!

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. My reefing superpower is that I cannot grow nuisance algae. No green hair, bubble, diatoms, red slime, cyano, etc. Nothing bad has shown up in my tanks for 2 years.
2. I would love an SPS coral superpower. One day...
2 years from new tank start, and 0% issue/pest rate that's really good to hear. Not many are so lucky to avoid those nuisances.

So when are you adding water/life to the Dry Tank, so the ticking time bomb will be activated? :) LOL

Seriously, that's a really good achievement, and I’m curious....have you managed to not get Aiptasia with your super-powers?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 years from new tank start, and 0% issue/pest rate that's really good to hear. Not many are so lucky to avoid those nuisances.

So when are you adding water/life to the Dry Tank, so the ticking time bomb will be activated? :) LOL

Seriously, that's a really good achievement, and I’m curious....have you managed to not get Aiptasia with your super-powers?
Haha, good one! The most annoying pest that I had to deal with was a bristleworm that piggybacked a ride on a Caribbean rock flower. When I transitioned to my new system 6 months ago the worm didn't make the trip.

I have not gotten Aiptasia - nor a single pest or nuisance hitchhiker on any of my corals, either. The only things I've managed to cultivate are a few baby snails (can't tell which species yet) and some tiny pineapple sponges.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really excell at enabling. Its always fun to give another reefer a little encouragement to do something or get something

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your reefing "Super Power?"
I have this incredible ability to grow… diatoms :D!

Backstory:
My old, newbie marine system was loaded with freshwater rocks and sand that probably raised silicates levels unbelievably high. As a result, this system never left the diatom phase. Much of the old water from this system was later transferred over to my new system, but I replaced the old rock and sand for proper marine live rock and sand, thus my diatom prevalence has subsided (they only appear on the glass walls, now).

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my superpower is being able to empty all the skimmers, into one bucket and actively breath. I swear I could taste the skimmate for 2 days lol.

Last edited:

nicksreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My super power is convincing people that its a good idea to get into this hobby...

seriously... I see someone with no worries in their life, spare money in their account at the end of the month, free evenings and well, I just can't help myself.....

ME: "you know what you'd enjoy...."
UNSUSPECTING PERSON: "No what's that"
ME: "Well.... :p"

Spartan1218

Lost on Aisle 18
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it's slightly outside of the hobby but related. I'm a network security nerd as a profession and once I get my tank set up, I intend to create some wired and wireless network design templates that can hopefully be used to help avoid/fix some of the issues I have been seeing with all this wireless gear in my research. Based on what I have seen while researching for my own tank setup, there are several likely suspects up front and I'm not convinced that it's just crap gear all the time. Placement and equipment density matter. More to come from this over the next months...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back