kdogley

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Mine is killing nuisance algae.
I have had Dinos, bryopsis, green hair, brown hair, cyano, and bubble algea and have never once had any issues getting rid of them. I normally just change flow patterns, lighting, or the temp and it goes away by itself after a month. Right now I'm fighting a small bout of green hair in my new tank. And after a WC and a toothbrush scrubbing, it hasn't really come back. Makes tank keeping that much more relaxing.
Could you please tell me what temperature you use to kill hair algae

BadSquishy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Growing algae. I’m apparently amazing at it. GHA, cyano, dinos, coralline, turf, diatoms, all at once! I’ve got algae growing on top of algae. People say I should switch to an algae-only tank so I can claim a 100% success rate!

reefer fro canada

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would say that I have totally got the parasitic problem completly under control.It took a very long time but I do not lose any fish any more.I never worry about it.I must admit I do not quantine any more.I got so upset about ich so I looked into natural methods and I never looked back.

attiland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I can almost always do maintenance with towel-in-hand or over my shoulder, and not accidentally dip or drag it in the tank water. It took years to build up that skill, I swear. ;)
I don’t believe you that is impossible. I manage to dip it from the other side of the room :)

attiland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have the super power to convince by fiancé that reefing is part of my relationship, that is her fault that I got back in it and that I want a RedSea Reefer P500 for the wedding gift. And she’s cool with it.
Tell me your secret.

carbasaurus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would say mine is acclimating and maintaining sensitive fish, particularly angels. I have very healthy regal, multibar, venustus and a wantanabe in my sps system. The key I think is to maintain a QT like a mini reef, with normal salinity, live rock and sand. Take your time during acclimation and experiment with different foods. Reef caviar and clams on the half shell (at least for the first three) are magic foog

DStecz

Forever Learning
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My super power is killing GSP and zoas. I have other happy corals in all my tanks, but no matter what I kill GSP within days of putting it in my tank, and zoas die in less than a month.

Other than that, I think my superpower is finding a way to hide just how much I spend on this hobby

DeniseAndy

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have the ability to go into total zen mode working on my tanks. I will not hear the kids, husband, dog, phone, fire, tornado, anything!!! I am just too happy in my reef mind...

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My reefing superpower is the more time I spend reefing, the more my wife hates reefing!

Knock Knock Reaction GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Buckster

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Really, only Superman has super powers! Amazing how some of us can do things that others can't. That's probably why on most forums that we have a difference of opinion. What works for some won't work for others. Each system is unique. I very seldom test and everything is great. At least in my opinion!

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

BRS

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 222 46.0%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 107 22.2%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 82 17.0%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 64 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.7%

RC