• Total voters

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are so funny!

I don’t think I have a super power…maybe persistence? I like researching and learning. I think that’s my favorite part of reefing…plus the beauty in the living room.

kdogley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is killing nuisance algae.
I have had Dinos, bryopsis, green hair, brown hair, cyano, and bubble algea and have never once had any issues getting rid of them. I normally just change flow patterns, lighting, or the temp and it goes away by itself after a month. Right now I'm fighting a small bout of green hair in my new tank. And after a WC and a toothbrush scrubbing, it hasn't really come back. Makes tank keeping that much more relaxing.
Could you please tell me what temperature you use to kill hair algae

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What is your reefing "Super Power?"
None, don't have any, never have, never will!

2. What reefing super power do you wish you had?

What?! And take all of the frustration..., I mean FUN out of it?;Joyful

reefer fro canada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that I have totally got the parasitic problem completly under control.It took a very long time but I do not lose any fish any more.I never worry about it.I must admit I do not quantine any more.I got so upset about ich so I looked into natural methods and I never looked back.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can almost always do maintenance with towel-in-hand or over my shoulder, and not accidentally dip or drag it in the tank water. It took years to build up that skill, I swear. ;)
I don’t believe you that is impossible. I manage to dip it from the other side of the room :)

kennyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the super power to convince by fiancé that reefing is part of my relationship, that is her fault that I got back in it and that I want a RedSea Reefer P500 for the wedding gift. And she’s cool with it.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the super power to convince by fiancé that reefing is part of my relationship, that is her fault that I got back in it and that I want a RedSea Reefer P500 for the wedding gift. And she’s cool with it.
Tell me your secret.

carbasaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say mine is acclimating and maintaining sensitive fish, particularly angels. I have very healthy regal, multibar, venustus and a wantanabe in my sps system. The key I think is to maintain a QT like a mini reef, with normal salinity, live rock and sand. Take your time during acclimation and experiment with different foods. Reef caviar and clams on the half shell (at least for the first three) are magic foog

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My super power is killing GSP and zoas. I have other happy corals in all my tanks, but no matter what I kill GSP within days of putting it in my tank, and zoas die in less than a month.

Other than that, I think my superpower is finding a way to hide just how much I spend on this hobby

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reefing superpower is the more time I spend reefing, the more my wife hates reefing!

Knock Knock Reaction GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, only Superman has super powers! Amazing how some of us can do things that others can't. That's probably why on most forums that we have a difference of opinion. What works for some won't work for others. Each system is unique. I very seldom test and everything is great. At least in my opinion!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back