Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my job while it lasted. I'm a semi retired audio engineer, been at it for 30+ years (concert sound, corporate shows, etc) but since Covid, last show I did was March 10th, 2020. It was a great run while it lasted...

STP Paul:Scott vips.JPG

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my job while it lasted. I'm a semi retired audio engineer, been at it for 30+ years (concert sound, corporate shows, etc) but since Covid, last show I did was March 10th, 2020. It was a great run while it lasted...

STP Paul:Scott vips.JPG
My freshman english teacher did the same thing. I was blown away when he opened his briefcase and it was covered with Ozzy stickers and KISS stickers. He set up the lights and fireworks for them.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My freshman english teacher did the same thing. I was blown away when he opened his briefcase and it was covered with Ozzy stickers and KISS stickers. He set up the lights and fireworks for them.

Yeah, I miss those days, but it's definitely a younger persons job

Attachments

• Photo6.jpg
    Photo6.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 9

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since moving to full time coral sales online I've got to say that I really enjoy my job.
Prior to this, I worked at an office 9-5 and while that offered tons of financial stability for my family it was extremely draining

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your job? Fleet Dispatcher at the largest Material Handling Company on the West Coast. (Tell the trucks what to take and where to go in Central California. Redding to Merced, and out to Reno.). All of which are full size semis and 16 tires.

Why or why don't you love it? I generally love it; long hours, decent pay, mostly good employees. I'm a workaholic, so don't mind 11-12 hour days.

What is your dream job? Not really sure. Right now im comfortable where I work and make enough to take care of myself, my Fiance and my hobbies. (it does help that my Fiance is the bread winner though; shes a Critical Care Pharmacist at one of the best Hospitals in California).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your job? Fleet Dispatcher at the largest Material Handling Company on the West Coast. (Tell the trucks what to take and where to go in Central California. Redding to Merced, and out to Reno.). All of which are full size semis and 16 tires.

Why or why don't you love it? I generally love it; long hours, decent pay, mostly good employees. I'm a workaholic, so don't mind 11-12 hour days.

What is your dream job? Not really sure. Right now im comfortable where I work and make enough to take care of myself, my Fiance and my hobbies. (it does help that my Fiance is the bread winner though; shes a Critical Care Pharmacist at one of the best Hospitals in California).
That's a huge area. The Central Valley is so big. I lived in Yosemite Valley for 12 years. It's my old stomping ground. I don't miss the work though. Walking 15 - 20 miles a day is hard on the knees and back.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to hate my job, then I got really good at it and started to love it. Now I own the place. Aspects of it can really suck at times, but the freedom is phenomenal. It’s really a matter of attitude. As Mike Rowe says, “don’t follow your passion, bring it with you.”

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spent the better of two decades working in Enterprise IT. All industries. With what I know I could move to Russia and get in a lot of trouble.

What I found is as I'm getting older I cannot stand desk jobs. Sitting at a desk in a cube is the new cancer. Offer me any salary you want. I will refuse. Took a hiatus, got a silly job that takes 2 brain cells but is fun and requires healthy running around and never looked back.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been Nursing for 11 years. Currently work in Emergency Room. I love it. I see weird stuff all the time. Keeps me busy. It's cool that I literally know the weirdest stuff to do in order to save someone's life.

Feels good when I'm on a plane, and there's an Emergency...im one of those people that gets up cuz you know your stuff.

If I wasn't a nurse, I'd be a chef. I chose nursing cuz I didn't want the responsibility of a Doctor, and I also don't like cooking for people I don't like lol

birdsnest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My job is incredibly rewarding. I work as a Life Support Operator at a Zoo in Florida. Somedays I feel like the pool boy for the animals but that ain't so bad. I still get to fulfill my love of aquariums and get paid to do it. It also allows me to work with all sorts of animals to provide them with the best animal welfare we can. From an Anteater to a Watusi if there is water somewhere it shouldn't be I will probably get called to fix it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back