Does anyone else feed their fish?

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Valentine’s Day, I am single. Some of my fellow solo riders and I decided to have a cookout. We decided on lobster tacos because they are red white and pink which goes with the theme of Valentine’s Day. We were going to catch our own bugs but with the swell in SoCal, we decided to buy instead. This afternoon, when I was poaching and shelling the lobster, I decided to grab some of the extra meat and toss it in my tank, surprise surprise the fish went crazy for it, like twice as aggressive as they have for any other food, and they can be aggressive little buggers. So I very long story short, has anyone else ever given a bit of food to their tank, and what was the response?

Here are all the taco ingredients minus the beer.
IMG_4455.jpg
I will post pictures of the finished product tonight. If anyone thinks they one-upped me on food tonight, please post some pictures :p

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Absolutely not for me. Last thing I want is contamination or cloudy tank

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if the last two relies are real or not... Yes I have certainly set aside a shrimp, clam, or sliver of fish when cooking for my fish tank. Most of the time though it is fed raw. I usually use spices when cooking so cooked would be out. However I do not see anything wrong with boiling something or steaming something and adding it. It won’t cause any issues. I bet the tank loved the lobster!!

OP
OP
swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if the last two relies are real or not... Yes I have certainly set aside a shrimp, clam, or sliver of fish when cooking for my fish tank. Most of the time though it is fed raw. I usually use spices when cooking so cooked would be out. However I do not see anything wrong with boiling something or steaming something and adding it. It won’t cause any issues. I bet the tank loved the lobster!!
The lobster was still pretty raw as I was going to cook it again before serving, it just needed a little boil to help get it out of its shell.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I include my fish any time I have seafood

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also did it in reverse. I had a tank that I kept lobsters in until it was BBQ time. Used to feed them fish.

Back