does anyone have the fluval evo 13.5?

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm looking into some led light strips to go on the bottom of the lid...i really dont want a light that you have to take the lid off it :(
Maybe look into some 15" xho reefbright bars, you could cut into the lid and mount them potentially, I have them for supplemental lighting and love them

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great little tank, a few upgrades needed though depending on what your keeping.

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_170445_058.jpg
    IMG_20210115_170445_058.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 48

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, i plan to add very slowly over the next year...i think this is a sebae one? from what i was told on here...i had to block the whole in the back of the tank thats kinda towards the bottom on the back cuz the anemone decided to crawl into it and took me 5 hours to get it free!
Yeah I can imagine nems are a pain in the butt sometimes. I have RBT NEM used to feed it all the time and it was getting massive and kept splitting in the end I just settled for the one and don’t feed it anymore.

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I can imagine nems are a pain in the butt sometimes. I have RBT NEM used to feed it all the time and it was getting massive and kept splitting in the end I just settled for the one and don’t feed it anymore.
i'm hoping my clowns host it soon...they were in the same tank at store n apparently they did then? but i havent seen them yet but it's only been a couple days

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm hoping my clowns host it soon...they were in the same tank at store n apparently they did then? but i havent seen them yet but it's only been a couple days
Yeah i had three different pair of clowns the first two only hosted my power head. The 3rd pair was wild caught and they decided to take host in my indo torch.

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

namfuak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm looking into some led light strips to go on the bottom of the lid...i really dont want a light that you have to take the lid off it :(
I added 12" actinic reef bars to mine while I was waiting to get an AI Prime. It turned out great, but knowing that I was going to get an AI Prime, it was a bit of a waste.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/adding-actinic-blue-reefbars-to-fluval-evo-13-5.765880/
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fluval-evo-13-5-first-reef-tank.786146/

Lots of resources for Evo builds on here.

20210114_163709.jpg

OP
OP
B

bosstoneschick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely figure out what your end goal is for your tank and buy right the first time

Bato367

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you...do you have a suggestion on what to replace?
My evo is all stock except for chamber 2 InTank filter basket. I added a Fluval CP1 for flow and some cheap blue led strips for moonlights and a Nicrew digital timer.
The foam is the biggest thing; it will cause a nitrate buildup down the road.

Edit: my upgrade is chamber 2 but several have their InTank basket in chamber 1 and run chamber 2 with or without the Fluval skimmer.

I like this better than way I did it, but I found out the skimmer can be ran in chamber 2 after I’d already ordered the chamber 2 basket. Either way, magnitudes better than foam nitrate factory.

Last edited:

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201210_180131.jpg

Older pic of my evo, have two of em and love the nano life
Your tank looks great! I have a question. On the front rock with the radioactive dragon eyes zoanthid on it, there is a zoanthid with 3 - 4 bright yellow polyps on it. I really like that! Do you know what it is called? Also, how does the color look in white light? Thanks!

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great! I have a question. On the front rock with the radioactive dragon eyes zoanthid on it, there is a zoanthid with 3 - 4 bright yellow polyps on it. I really like that! Do you know what it is called? Also, how does the color look in white light? Thanks!
Not sure what their called, got a single poly of it for 20 bucks.... this pic is a little more representative of what it looks like under whites, it's a midday shot with kessils at 40%white and xho's on 100%. Under deep blues it has green andblue around theft oral disk a with orange and yellow... I'll see if I can get a better pic when back at the house in a little bit

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back